Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

EMPI 34 Pict 3 Adjustment
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: EMPI 34 Pict 3 Adjustment Reply with quote

Obviously then the “tech” person at JBugs is way smarter than the collective knowledge here. Would you be interested in buying some land in Florida?
davidw99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: EMPI 34 Pict 3 Adjustment Reply with quote

My point in my last post was that the carburetor was clean out of the box. I have purchased two other new aftermarket carbs and they were also clean out of the box. That's my experience. I'm sorry if yours differs. My other point was the JBugs stood behind the product they sold. I appreciate that.

'73 Saturn Yellow Sports Bug that has undergone a full pan off restoration. "Herbert IV."

'67 Sedan. "Bellamy." Currently being "refreshed" and recently repainted.
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: EMPI 34 Pict 3 Adjustment Reply with quote

davidw99 wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:
davidw99 wrote:
JBugs did take the carburetor back. It was definitely defective. I can't speak highly enough of them.

Who knows maybe the next one will work if you rebuild it. How much is your time worth? I know this is complicated but think about it.

There are no short cuts and bargain parts end up costing more in the long run.

I actually found the defect while rebuilding it. Choke butterfly stiff. Anyway, the carb was as clean as clean could be. I told the tech person at jBugs about all of the advice I received about having to rebuild a new carburetor and he said I had been "severely misinformed" by the advice. From the cleanliness of the carb I would have to say, at least with regard to their carbs, he was right.

I wonder why a company that has repeatedly been shown to sell some junk, would be reluctant to admit they sell some junk? Hmmmmm.

One might have found the defect if the carb had been gone through before installing it. Wink But how one doesn't notice a sticking choke on a new carb before installing it is beyond my comprehension. That is hard to miss when you try to adjust the choke.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: