Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help looking for article about the 77 lifesavers White Rabbit
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhtRabbitJoe77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject: Help looking for article about the 77 lifesavers White Rabbit Reply with quote

I was told there is a photo in a VW magazine of the 1977 Lifesavers sweepstakes White Rabbit cars that I would like to find for my collection. The photo shows 5 of the cars with a bright backround and was on 2 pages with text to the right side. I belive the photo would of been taken when the sweepstakes was run, sometime btween October 76 when it was launched on the cover of Hot Rod to September 77.

What other VW magazines were in print back them? VW Trends, VW Greats, and HotVW's?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
thumbnail by galaxiejoe67, on Flickr

Thank you
Joe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
janerick3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Help looking for article about the 77 lifesavers White Rabbit Reply with quote

I remember this contest. I believe it was in Volkswagen Greats.
WhtRabbitJoe77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Help looking for article about the 77 lifesavers White Rabbit Reply with quote

They gave 4 away with the lifesavers sweepstakes and another 5 to the winners of the ICAS/ Autorama car show. Some were sold at some VW dealers also. I think Volkswagen Greats only put out 6 issues a year. Anyone have a collection out there that could see what issue has the photo?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
Typ3nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Help looking for article about the 77 lifesavers White Rabbit Reply with quote

WhtRabbitJoe77 wrote:
They gave 4 away with the lifesavers sweepstakes and another 5 to the winners of the ICAS/ Autorama car show. Some were sold at some VW dealers also. I think Volkswagen Greats only put out 6 issues a year. Anyone have a collection out there that could see what issue has the photo?

Nothing that I could find in Volkswagen Greats Magazines.
Maybe VW & Porsche Magazine, I have a collection, I'll take a look tomorrow.
vwvortex has some info. on page 4.
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3827959-WHITE-RABBIT-Build

Here's the Ad for the Life Savers Volkswagen White Rabbit ...
WhtRabbitJoe77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Help looking for article about the 77 lifesavers White Rabbit Reply with quote

Thank you for looking for through your collection for me. My old build thread from the vortex, maybe I have the only one left. But I was told one of the lifesavers cars was sceen at a show in NC or Virginia F/S in 2018 that was very rusty.
Typ3nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Help looking for article about the 77 lifesavers White Rabbit Reply with quote

Update :
Hot Rodrod Magazine cover ... October 1976
Life Savers Volkswagen " White Rabbit" Super Flavor Stakes.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: