Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Heater cable clip?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kguarnotta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Heater cable clip? Reply with quote

A PO of my '86 Syncro used a zip tie where I think a heater cable clip should go.

Where the yellow circle is - I'm missing the correct clip, I think it should be like the one in the blue circle. Anyone have a part number for the missing clip?

This is all on the right side, above the glove box.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

thanks.

'86 Triple Knob Syncro w/EJ22
'78 Westy
'69 Single Cab
'65 Kombi - EZ-Camper
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bobhill8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Heater cable clip? Reply with quote

I don't know if those are available or not, but the PO of my van used a screw to pin the cable in place - not pretty but has been functional for several years. Just finished the heater box myself. Nice to work in 65 F weather this weekend!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kguarnotta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Heater cable clip? Reply with quote

after some more digging around - and contacting a few vendors - I found this part # 823819679

some vendors this it is this part #- 211255899A, but I think that is for where the valve cable is clamped near the levers.

thanks...

I'm hoping/planning on taking the whole dash apart in the spring, to refurbish the heater and all that area - but trying to get it working as well as a I can so I can make it through the winter without freezing...

'78 Westy
'69 Single Cab
'65 Kombi - EZ-Camper
bobhill8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Heater cable clip? Reply with quote

I just finished that project for the first time on an 86 so it's fresh in my brain if you have any questions. I'm no expert but now I know what is in there and managed to get it all back together again and work. The Gowesty videos were super helpful. At least it hasn't been a normal January around here in MA. Got most of the work done last weekend in a T shirt. Good luck.
kguarnotta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Heater cable clip? Reply with quote

Thanks - I think I'll need to wait until spring to take the whole thing apart - clean it up, and fix seals etc. I'm watching those gowesty videos, and trying to get all the parts I'll need ready to go - so I am not incapacitated waiting for parts...

'78 Westy
'69 Single Cab
'65 Kombi - EZ-Camper
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: