Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Aufgeladen Ghia
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

Picked up a 900mm belt. Stock is 905mm... Should fix the problem right up.
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

Electric fuel pump plummed. Truss bar installed and tightened. I guess the motor is ready to go back in. Shocked

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

After replacing the alternator belt and securing everything, the damn fan was rubbing the shroud somewhere. Wedged a BA screwdriver and forced the alternator into the shroud a tad bit. Tightened everything down. No more rubbing. NOW she's ready to go back in.

greek_tony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

Any news?
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

Sorry, no. Been super busy over the holidays. Been contemplating a freeway flier transmission. Would be the perfect time.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

where is your rear bag kit from? didn't read(most likely overlooked) it anywhere.
thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

It's called The Game Changer from jj-vintage.de

LCDR O
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

xzener wrote:
AMR500 mounting holes tapped. Got everything mocked up, now to tighten everything down. Have the Weber DCOE 40 in place just to see the overall look. This thing looks bad ass! This was fairly easy to install, some of the manifold bolts on the intake side were difficult to start. Easier to remove the intake manifold off the boot, after that, no problem.

Did you have any issues clearing the decklid? Enough space there? I am seriously considering doing this upgrade, but want to make sure before ordering stuff from, literally, half way across the Earth.

Mike
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

The engine is still sitting in that very spot. The weather is warming up finally, was thinking about installing it this weekend.

Looking at other Ghia's with this setup, I'm afraid the deck lid will not clear. I am planning on two things... 1) Buying another deck lid to butcher, paint and install. 2) Using stand offs to raise the deck lid to clear the assembly. Probably do the latter at first. There is another setup, from The Dub Shop, that may clear the deck lid. I think it's much more expensive than Joeblow setup. Here is a link to one installed and running...

Link

xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

While the engine is out, waiting for warmer weather, decided to pull the air ride setup out and get some odd jobs done... As well as upgrade the air ride. Haven't been happy with the brightness of the running lights (headlight halos). Replaced the resistors I installed to dim them, and am pleased with the results. Also installed a missing lamp socket/bulb in the speedometer. Now, the dash is fully lit. For the air ride, I purchased the new Accuair E-Level Plus ECU. This thing should resolve the battery drain I had with my original ECU. Here are some pictures of the progress so far...

Instead of modifying my current mount, I made a new one.

Here it is after vaneer...

Stain and polyurethane...

Installed the new ECU.

Ready to go back in, but had to lengthen the sensor harness...

xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

Finally got the Accuair E-Level Plus installed. Now for the engine...

TRS63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

Looking forward to see more of the installation, sure is an interesting engine !

Cheers
Antoine
My 914 restoration&lightweight project :
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9698432#9698432
Resurrecting a 60 ghia : https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=713906
My 52 Standard Zwitter :
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10086685#10086685
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

Rewrapped the dashboard today...

Vladiiiii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

Although I'm no air ride guy, that setup looks very neat! Also, the wrapped dash cover adds a little extra something without jumping out too much, great idea! Very Happy
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9237746#9237746
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

What did you use to rewrap the dash pad?
Jeff

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

It's a faux leather material I picked up at Jo-Ann's. Used Gorilla glue spray adhesive and gorilla super glue around the vent areas. That's were it peeled up with the 3M 90 spray adhesive that didn't seem to ever dry properly... It seemed to have a chemical reaction to the material and got all gooey.
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

Ok. Enough procrastinating. Time to get this engine back in. But first, I need to weld in a bung for the O2 sensor. Looking at the inside of this muffler, it looks to have a collector inside that dissipates the exhaust into the muffler housing. Should work out perfectly with the O2 sensor placement. It's centered and furthest away from the tips. Hope this works...

jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

You always do such careful work.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

Haha! Thanks Jeff. This Ninja coffee maker box was a perfect fit. Was surprised I was able to drill the hole. My DeWalt drill batteries are on their last legs.
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aufgeladen Ghia Reply with quote

Welded, primed, and painted with 2000 degree paint...

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Jump to:
Page 37 of 46

Jump to: