Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2528, 2529, 2530 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
crofty wrote:
EverettB wrote:
chris henry wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2341984
Um...No!

Someone call Uzi to critique the seller's sign painting skills

Those logos are f'UK d

Gibbs would love the Pegasus.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

What's up with asking 60K for a project bus like that? I'd honestly say it's a 6K bus.

If you claim the mechanicals are great, why hasn't it driven or stopped in 20 years?
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
crofty wrote:
EverettB wrote:
chris henry wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2341984
Um...No!

Someone call Uzi to critique the seller's sign painting skills

Those logos are f'UK d

Gibbs would love the Pegasus.

What's up with asking 60K for a project bus like that? I'd honestly say it's a 6K bus.

If you claim the mechanicals are great, why hasn't it driven or stopped in 20 years?

I don’t know. There is something quite clever about taking a bus like that. Not washing, cleaning or trying to present it’s finer qualities and then tagging it with a $60K price sticker.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
Busted-bolt wrote:
The m plate codes on that westy would be amazing to actually see ! Wink

ad wrote:
Serious buyers only !!, Please no pic collectors.

Someone needs to sweet talk him, let him know hes appreciated and loved. Then maybe, just maybe he will open up and show us some detail shots.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:

Someone needs to sweet talk him, let him know hes appreciated and loved. Then maybe, just maybe he will open up and show us some detail shots.

These aren't the Bay forums! No one in here needs a hug and a pat on the ass-maybe just some Xanax.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Clara wrote:

No front bumper tent mount, but has tent mounts on roof. With 523xxx paint code, sounds like a westy. I'd say bumpers were replaced. Does it come with the tent? Pics from back in the day? Paperwork from Westfalia? A bunch of pictures of the bus as it is? What does the interior roof look like? What plaid was og?

People are boldly asking high prices, aren't they?

Whoosh- click Whoosh- click.

The paint code is a good sign. I think you can see the bare metal in one of the pics of the interior.
I don't remember what is in Watermans SO42 but Dave seems to think it was vinyl.

Id guess it would have the same plaid as Zapper.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

[quote="crofty"]
notchboy wrote:

These aren't the Bay forums! No one in here needs a hug and a pat on the ass-maybe just some Xanax.

Then reach out and offer him a Xanax. Or not. Speculation in your mind is much more fun. Rolling Eyes

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

[quote="notchboy"]
crofty wrote:
notchboy wrote:

Then reach out and offer him a Xanax. Or not. Speculation in your mind is much more fun. Rolling Eyes

Need a hug, brother? Rolling Eyes Very Happy

It could be legit for sure but there are a lot of fake campers out there

HamburgerBrad wrote:

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

[quote="crofty"]
notchboy wrote:
crofty wrote:
notchboy wrote:

Need a hug, brother? Rolling Eyes Very Happy

It could be legit for sure but there are a lot of fake campers out there

Nahh, just some Coors Light and a Carne Asada Burrito. 😘

If its real and despite this guys cold shoulder, I would hope that one of you more early, savvy Westfalia types may be able to coax some pics from him. Like Clara. For posterity sake, archival information on the Samba.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
powellscooter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

It could be the difference in languages that makes the seller come across as arrogant, or aloof, however I agree more detailed images would be great.
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

powellscooter wrote:
It could be the difference in languages that makes the seller come across as arrogant, or aloof, however I agree more detailed images would be great.

I'm fairly certain this is exactly the issue (English is not his native language). I briefly spoke with him and he seemed very nice and did send me a photo of the mcode plate which I'm adding here to help him with selling the bus.

I agree additional detailed photos would be nice and I'm sure if you're serious he would be happy to provide them.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

powellscooter wrote:

to be fair, there are quite a number of nutjobs that visit this site and want to call and talk your ear off with no intention of purchasing, or ask pics of everything, truly pic collectors and they will go so far as to then go post your pics elsewhere like they have something to do with it. It's happened to me enough times that I understand why people use brenden and old bug randy to list their cars
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
powellscooter wrote:

I'm fairly certain this is exactly the issue (English is not his native language). I briefly spoke with him and he seemed very nice and did send me a photo of the mcode plate which I'm adding here to help him with selling the bus.

I agree additional detailed photos would be nice and I'm sure if you're serious he would be happy to provide them.

Cool, here's the general breakdown:

M-codes:
056 Steering/ignition lock
169 Sliding door - Kombi
175 Overriders all models
208 Trailer hitch and electrical hook-up

Model
235 Cargo doors right, sunroof, left hand drive

523538 paint code
23 = Kombi
538 = Cumulus white over Sea blue
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Anyone see what this 15 was going for? Sold in only a few hours so guess it was a good buy

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2344789

turkis-deluxe
Samba Security

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
srfndoc wrote:
powellscooter wrote:

M-codes:
169 Sliding door - Kombi

Model

523538 paint code
23 = Kombi

Definitely getting closer to proving it's a legit sunroof slider Westy but proof is in the factory paperwork. I'm curious what the owner has since he says verified with the factory and paperwork since 1971. Never know what's in that pile!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

AlteWagen wrote:
Anyone see what this 15 was going for? Sold in only a few hours so guess it was a good buy

They were asking $28,500 or $28,000
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

turkis-deluxe wrote:
EverettB wrote:
srfndoc wrote:
powellscooter wrote:

M-codes:
169 Sliding door - Kombi

Model

523538 paint code
23 = Kombi

Definitely getting closer to proving it's a legit sunroof slider Westy but proof is in the factory paperwork. I'm curious what the owner has since he says verified with the factory and paperwork since 1971. Never know what's in that pile!!

Other than the special paint code what else would indicate it was a Westy?

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
turkis-deluxe
Samba Security

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
turkis-deluxe wrote:
EverettB wrote:
srfndoc wrote:
powellscooter wrote:

M-codes:
169 Sliding door - Kombi

Model

523538 paint code
23 = Kombi

the receipt from the dealer would be cool !!
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:

Nothing. My German delivered 65' so-35 is the same way as are a few other absolutely genuine Westfalias that I know of. I owned a 67' so-42 with belly pans, ambulance fans and some other cool options and it only had the paint code to indicate it's "Westyness"..They don't have anything indicating it on the Vin plate either. Seems to be the way of the special order Westfalias.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

oakman wrote:
Braukuche wrote:

Nothing. My German delivered 65' so-35 is the same way as are a few other absolutely genuine Westfalias that I know of. I owned a 67' so-42 with belly pans, ambulance fans and some other cool options and it only had the paint code to indicate it's "Westyness"..They don't have anything indicating it on the Vin plate either. Seems to be the way of the special order Westfalias.

And was what I was anticipating from special ordered Westfalias. Think

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
AlteWagen wrote:

They were asking $28,500 or $28,000

It said $28K obo when I saw it

I had a feeling that would sell quick!

Bench front seat with short middle seat mounts - sort of a weird combo for a late '63 15-Window from what I have seen. Usually the walk-thrus have the short middle seat.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2528, 2529, 2530 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2529 of 2710

Jump to: