Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Can't find part for 99 Eurovan ~ VW Part #021-129-101D
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
busgusvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Can't find part for 99 Eurovan ~ VW Part #021-129-101D Reply with quote

I have a 99 eurovan in the shop. Mechanic says hose (pressure regulating valve) that needs replacing they are unable to locate a new one & are now trying wrecking yards. (VW Part # 021 129 101d) They have been searching for 3 weeks. It's a hose for emissions vacuum system they tell me. It runs into left side of block & splits off in a v to other smaller hoses. Anybody know a resource that might still make these hoses? Thanks in advance.
Broseph Stalin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: cant find part for 99 eurovan - VW Part # 021 129 101d Reply with quote

busgusvan wrote:
I have a 99 eurovan in the shop. Mechanic says hose (pressure regulating valve) that needs replacing they are unable to locate a new one & are now trying wrecking yards. (VW Part # 021 129 101d) They have been searching for 3 weeks. It's a hose for emissions vacuum system they tell me. It runs into left side of block & splits off in a v to other smaller hoses. Anybody know a resource that might still make these hoses? Thanks in advance.

Seems like many have failed to find that part. It's a PCV Valve Assembly. See this thread for some home fixes https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=724304
'03 EVC Winnie, 2018, Sold
busgusvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: cant find part for 99 eurovan - VW Part # 021 129 101d Reply with quote

i appreciate the info. yes part is just about impossible to find at this point .think im left with a diy fix, but its tricky because the hose is cracked where it connects to the block. ill post some pictures once i get van back, its in mechanics hands right now and they seem to think there still going to find the part? let them keep trying but got a feeling there gunna come up short.
wildenbeast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Can't find part for 99 Eurovan ~ VW Part #021-129-101D Reply with quote

There are several vans being parted out on the Vortex:
https://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?830-Vans-and-Transporters-Parts

Also, looks like you can at least see if Bus Depot can get it:
https://www.busdepot.com/021129101d

One more:
https://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1999/volkswagen/eurovan/air_intake/breather_hose.html
Chefwalt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't find part for 99 Eurovan ~ VW Part #021-129-101D Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is what I had to do until I could source the part.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Broseph Stalin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't find part for 99 Eurovan ~ VW Part #021-129-101D Reply with quote

A hint for the future - spray everything plastic and rubber with Aerospace 303. Just spray it on heavy everywhere under the hood, door/roof/window seals, CV boots. Anytime you open the hood or crawl underneath use a few minutes to spray everything.
'03 EVC Winnie, 2018, Sold
dreiter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't find part for 99 Eurovan ~ VW Part #021-129-101D Reply with quote

Does anyone know if I can modify this part by replacing it with a simple hose without the metal pipe in it, which I think just runs coolant through the hose to prevent it from freezing. I don't drive the van in the winter.
Chefwalt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't find part for 99 Eurovan ~ VW Part #021-129-101D Reply with quote

dreiter wrote:
Does anyone know if I can modify this part by replacing it with a simple hose without the metal pipe in it, which I think just runs coolant through the hose to prevent it from freezing. I don't drive the van in the winter.

It's a Pressure Control Valve, no coolant enters the air system.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdubrun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't find part for 99 Eurovan ~ VW Part #021-129-101D Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I'm bringing this one back from the dead because I've found a fix!

I recently bought a 1999 Eurovan that would stall at idle. It didn't take me long to determine it was because someone had replaced the entire PCV assembly with copper pipe and a garden hose... which was brilliantly routed straight back to the intake downstream of the MAF.

I'm an Audi tech, and we also have a VW store. One of our parts guys confirmed it's NLA from VW and then scoured aftermarket and salvage outlets to no avail, which basically left me to come up with my own solution. I've never liked "catch cans" because they don't really solve the problem, they just prevent it from making a mess. I wanted to keep things as close to stock as possible, which would definitely require getting creative.

Long story short, I used the PCV assembly out of a 1996 A4 V6.

The beauty of this solution is that both motors are 2.8L 6-cylinders, so presumably their respective valves open at similar pressures. The drawback, though, is that the Audi valve is not a direct fit. For starters, I actually had to reuse a small piece of garden hose to connect the PCV to the valve cover. Next, I was able to use a piece from the kit to connect the PCV to the intake boot, but I had to route it up and over first... way up. Since I didn't have the stock pipe, I had to bypass the throttle body heater pipe. The vacuum connection on the Audi valve is much larger, but oddly enough I was able to use the coolant hose I bypassed to adapt it to the smaller vacuum hose that runs back to the solenoid.

Is it a perfect solution? No, and it's also not one I'd be willing to stand by professionally... but for $40 on my personal car, I'm considering it fixed!

[/i]
almond
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't find part for 99 Eurovan ~ VW Part #021-129-101D Reply with quote

cdubrun wrote:
Hello everyone,

Long story short, I used the PCV assembly out of a 1996 A4 V6.

[/i]

Hows it working for you? Do you happen to have a part number for this?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: