Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Trick exhaust for my outlaw
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ignatzcatz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject: Trick exhaust for my outlaw Reply with quote

Just like my old 997, exhausts for my outlaw 356.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

roy mawbey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Trick exhaust for my outlaw Reply with quote

Your modifications under your 356 continually amaze me !! Was this system designed specifically for you? To get that all to fit cannot have been easy.

Roy
ignatzcatz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Trick exhaust for my outlaw Reply with quote

Hello Roy, what are you doing on this site? I thought I would put it on this West coast-ish site just to see if any bods over the pond were up to the same tricks as me. The exhaust you asked and I was going to run a couple of Supertraps on straight pipes from the manifolds/headers but was warned this abbreviated pipe length might have an adverse effect on running especially when at low speeds, so for the required length of pipework the only choice was to stick the mufflers up in the rear fenders. We are extending a couple of the valve cover studs to give support to the mufflers. The next job on the car is to fit the new Weber IDA's I've just bought for it and plumb them in with some nice A&N fittings and braided hose. There is a Petronix set up to go into the dibby then it's got to be about fire up time. There will be a few things to sort out of course but the target is Classic Le Mans early July, should be sorted by then, hopefully.
roy mawbey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Trick exhaust for my outlaw Reply with quote

Yes been posting on here for 8 years! How time flies by. The Samba has been great to visit and yes, over those years seen some really interesting work carried out by guys living in the States. Your story about this car of yours takes some beating as when you started all those mods, I thought how will you ever finish that! Well you almost have and it seems you will meet your deadline !

Well done again.

Roy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: