Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Trike build
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
LilJackMS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject: Trike build Reply with quote

Working on building a trike out of my Wife's 70 Beetle and an 03 Harley Ultra. Her design used the back body of the bug, fenders and deck lid. I have everything cut up and ready to mock up but need to rebuild the engine. I removed the wiring, removed the lower tin shroud, disconnected the heat tubes and cables. Unbolted the 17 mm lower and upper bolts. Now the engine will not come off the bell housing, I assume since it's been sitting 17 years it's stuck on? Any tips on getting this engine out?
DeathBySnuSnu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Trike build Reply with quote

You could get someone to press on the clutch while you wiggle and/or pry on the engine.

It is unusual for one to the severely stuck. I have seen it before but it was something sitting on the junk yard a long time.

Where are you in MS?
I am in Vicksburg.
There is one classic vw specific shop in Jackson.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LilJackMS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Trike build Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll see about that. Have the rear end cut at the tunnel and the bike front end mocked up so no clutch connected now. I'll see about moving at the lever on the tranny.
I am in Vicksburg as well, small world huh? What shop in Jackson?

DeathBySnuSnu wrote:
You could get someone to press on the clutch while you wiggle and/or pry on the engine.

It is unusual for one to the severely stuck. I have seen it before but it was something sitting on the junk yard a long time.

Where are you in MS?
I am in Vicksburg.
There is one classic vw specific shop in Jackson.
DeathBySnuSnu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Trike build Reply with quote

Donnie at Square One in Jackson.

I am in north Tennessee right now. I am not out of town very often and I will be back soon.
I am Rex at EMS INC down 61 by the airport.

Maybe we can ride our vw trikes down the road together one day.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: