Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dellorto DRLA Carb Parts
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
badsix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Dellorto DRLA Carb Parts Reply with quote

Can anyone advise to where in can buy good rebuild parts for my DRLA dellorto 40's. ill need the gasket and oring kit (I would like a eur kit I hear the china kits don't fit org. dellies) very good. i'll also need various jets and holders plus bearings and plate screws.
THANKS Jay D.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: DELLORTO DRLA CARB PARTS Reply with quote

dellorto UK
or
Alfa 1750 on ebay
or
Cb performance

IMo it is better to buy the parts you need rather than a kit. don't fix what isn't broke.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: DELLORTO DRLA CARB PARTS Reply with quote

modok wrote:
dellorto UK
or
Alfa 1750 on ebay
or
Cb performance

IMo it is better to buy the parts you need rather than a kit. don't fix what isn't broke.

Adding to Modok's list,
Mcdragracer here rebuilds Dellorto carbs. He sells genuine parts too.
He also makes some custom parts for Dells. Like venturies.

Good Luck

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Dellorto DRLA Carb Parts Reply with quote

+1 for Mcdragracer
I had him rebuild my 45s.
Great guy who does great work.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
badsix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Dellorto DRLA Carb Parts Reply with quote

does this Mcdragracer have a web site
Jay D.
j-dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Dellorto DRLA Carb Parts Reply with quote

badsix wrote:
does this Mcdragracer have a web site
Jay D.

Here is a simple way to contact him:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1792064
mcdragracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Dellorto DRLA Carb Parts Reply with quote

Thanks guys for that recommendation!

Yes Jay D, I carry most all parts in stock for the dellorto, jets, bearings
gasket sets as of course rebuilding and if if you have any questions, you can reach me here through samba or email: [email protected]
or via phone 805 304-2129

Rick
badsix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Dellorto DRLA Carb Parts Reply with quote

sounds great would, it be ok if I send you a list of what I need and you could price it out for me? also are your service kits European or china? I hear the oring seals aren't sized right and don't fit good from the china kits.

this is for 2 dellotro DRLA 40s
going on a 356 1600 with the 1720 kit
sc cam and stock normal heads

Thanks Jay D.
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Dellorto DRLA Carb Parts Reply with quote

CB Performance was the original Dellorto importer for the US. They still carry lots of parts for them too.
badsix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Dellorto DRLA Carb Parts Reply with quote

yes, CBs has a lot, I've found a few that carry a lot of parts mostly in Europe. I was hoping to find someone here USA that has a good selection so that I can get everything from one person.
Jay D.
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Dellorto DRLA Carb Parts Reply with quote

They sell more then just kits. I suggest you call them. And talk to Marianne if possible.
mcdragracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Dellorto DRLA Carb Parts Reply with quote

Yes Jay, you can send me a list of what you need via text through my phone number or email, or pm me and yes I do carry quality Parts not China junk, and I can access more then what CB performance carries. You can just send me a list of what you need and I can get you price and availability on parts.
badsix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Dellorto DRLA Carb Parts Reply with quote

working on a list now i'll email it to you
Jay D.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: