Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Audi TT, trying to get bluetooth installed
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tacosquad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject: Audi TT, trying to get bluetooth installed Reply with quote

I have a Audi TT 3.2 '08 and I'm trying to get Bluetooth to it without changing the head unit out. It did not come with a 3.5mm jack or any other connections for audio. Currently I use a cigarette light to AM/Fm Bluetooth adapter that kinda works.

I've done some brief searching and found that my car should have a iPod adapter in the glove box. Mine does not. Would this be something that my car should have came with and also how might I go about getting one so I could use a iPod to Bluetooth adapter.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
visibleink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Audi TT, trying to get bluetooth installed Reply with quote

I was able to find this https://www.vaistech.com/product/sl3b-l/ for my Lexus GX, plugged into factory harness and gave bluetooth.

Hopefully someone makes something similar for your TT.

<-- Helga, she slammed her dub in '53 and adjusted valves with her teeth
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Audi TT, trying to get bluetooth installed Reply with quote

Bought my son one of these because my state went hands free.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0796QSR27/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got good reviews and for the price it was worth the shot.

Remember...a Bluetooth also needs a mic.

Last edited by jspbtown on Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kafer_Mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Audi TT, trying to get bluetooth installed Reply with quote

Try GROM Audi. I had this one in my '06 A3 -- https://gromaudio.com/store/bt3_adapters/audi-98-10-bluetooth-adapter-car-kit-interface.html. It's an easy install to the factory harness and includes a mic. About $150.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Audi TT, trying to get bluetooth installed Reply with quote

Hope this helps
Bluetooth USB with iPod & Aux option INSTALLATION Audi TT 2002-2006 Dension GBL3AU2

Link

How-to Audi TT 2007-2011 Aux iPhone IPod Audio Adapter Dension GW17AC1

Link

And another forum looks at the issue
https://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1241153
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: