Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vintage Superchargers
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Cole Trickle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject: Vintage Superchargers Reply with quote

What are people doing re Superchargers other than Judsons,what's on people's wish list?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Superchargers Reply with quote

Mr Cole Trickle wrote:
What are people doing re Superchargers other than Judsons,what's on people's wish list?

I wanted a pepco /Speedwell usa supercharger but it don't give much hp and at $2200 ...i remember the first time I seen one I was like I want one but tooo expensive a dual carb 36hp will beat it in hp and reliability..if I had $$ to just spend I would buy one just too spend the $$ but I don't..alot of folks use different superchargers but there not to friendly and the folks regret it and say I should could of saved a lot of time and money if I just went to dual carbs .. to me a supercharger is like 48 idas on stock engines I know a couple of guys who have a 1600 with 35.5 intakes with 48 ida's but they like to brag about how much they spend for them 😔😕
Mr Cole Trickle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Superchargers Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Mr Cole Trickle wrote:

I wanted a pepco /Speedwell usa supercharger but it don't give much hp and at $2200 ...i remember the first time I seen one I was like I want one but tooo expensive a dual carb 36hp will beat it in hp and reliability..if I had $$ to just spend I would buy one just too spend the $$ but I don't..alot of folks use different superchargers but there not to friendly and the folks regret it and say I should could of saved a lot of time and money if I just went to dual carbs .. to me a supercharger is like 48 idas on stock engines I know a couple of guys who have a 1600 with 35.5 intakes with 48 ida's but they like to brag about how much they spend for them 😔😕

I have some I'm trying to get some ideas on prices and who's looking,the ones I have seem uncommon?Your right they are not made for power that's for sure I was looking at using one of the ones I have on a 36 bellytanker but to make power it will be overspeed and will die😉,but I've got bits to make atleast 1 highish boost old looking roots style blower,I also patterns and casting boxes etc to manufacture a few more if needed.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Superchargers Reply with quote

Post us some pictures 👍👍
Mr Cole Trickle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Superchargers Reply with quote

Here's some pics of the Superchargers I have,A MAG,Godfrey Marshal,The Shorrock is on an old drag bike and i now have the orignal Sutorbilt blower so the bike can be returned to orignal as raced in the 70'sAnd the bare housing is the one I plan on using I have 1 housing and blower drive housing(it has been made to use all the hardware from a wade blower off the commer double knocker diesel from the 50's)I have the patterns and casting boxes to make more it made over 30psi on a 750 Honda 4,790's@190plusmph so its got form😉
Mr Cole Trickle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Superchargers Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Mr Cole Trickle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Superchargers Reply with quote

[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Superchargers Reply with quote

Mag superchargers were mostly used for the 25hp engines ,shorrock for 40hp .... the rest idk lol ...anyone know
Speedsterboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Superchargers Reply with quote

This was my old Swiss Mag Supercharger in Australia bolted on my 56 Lowlight Ghia. Both long gone...I moved onto boring Porsches... Confused

[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Superchargers Reply with quote

Nice 👍👍....porsches aint boring I wish I had one 😤lol one day one day 🤞🤞🤞
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Superchargers Reply with quote

MAG on a 1200cc 40hp...

MAG on a 1200cc 36hp...

Road & Track Road Test a MAG...

Alejandro Martin in Spain deals in Vintage Superchargers for VWs...Judson, Pepco, MAG, Shorrock.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
earthquake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Superchargers Reply with quote

Didn't somebody put a 2-71 GMC blower on a VW once?

eQ
05 SCION XB SERIES RELEASE 2[#437]
95 Chevy C3500 dually
98 Ford E150
Link to Kelly J. Nolte 3/20/53 - 11/6/08
https://time-zonelabs.blogspot.com/p/about-kelly.html
DEATH TO CHINGERS!
[From a military recruitment poster in the novel "The Stainless Steel Rat" By Harry Harrison]
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Superchargers Reply with quote

earthquake wrote:
Didn't somebody put a 2-71 GMC blower on a VW once?

eQ
not that I know of .dick landy befor he died made a roots type super charger for vws there are some on samba for sale but dick landy did not sell that many maybe 55 kits I have seen them running at the drag strip they run about low 12s 1/4 mile they look bad ass on a car and sound great spencerfvee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: