Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Businesses selling in classified section
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chi-town
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Businesses selling in classified section Reply with quote

I've noticed a few businesses flooding certain sections of the classifieds on a daily basis.

Would it be possible to limit daily new posts to eliminate that?

It sucks that we have to go through 100 ads by one user to see other's ads every day

Honestly they should sign up as vendors if they are selling that much on here.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Businesses selling in classified section Reply with quote

If it's a business selling common aftermarket parts, those ads should be in the Vendor categories on the site.
Feel free to hit Report in one of their ads and I will check it out and/or move them.

If there is anyone that you do not like, you can block them.
Classifieds Ignore List Info:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=298960
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chi-town
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Businesses selling in classified section Reply with quote

GR & Sons
Sierra Madre Collection are the two biggest lately.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Businesses selling in classified section Reply with quote

I recognize those 2 as people that have been complained about before.

My recommendation is to block them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chi-town
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Businesses selling in classified section Reply with quote

Why not ask them to become vendors so then they can contribute $ to the site?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Businesses selling in classified section Reply with quote

The Vendor categories are not paid categories and there is no Vendor program where we force people to pay to post ads.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Businesses selling in classified section Reply with quote

Someone asked me why we don't force people who lots of ads to become paying "Vendors" with some sort of status and cost.

I have posted this before but felt it was worth posting the reasoning again. Please see below.

The number of people that have a TON of ads and would be considered "Vendors" is actually quite small and a number of those people are really just private people with a zillion used parts.

I remember when I looked at this originally years ago it was 10-12 sellers with a high number of ads.
>500 ads was the level I chose.
I checked again this morning and now it is 33 sellers.
I've noticed only 4-5 of those people are the people that have people have complained about in the past though.
I think it's because they have the vast majority of their ads all in one section - GR&Sons for example, all Porsche ads

A number of the high volume sellers donate fairly regularly too.
bill brown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Businesses selling in classified section Reply with quote

......but really.....almost 7000 ads?.....getting a bit rediculous. I have to try to figure out when to put my ads on....around Gianni`s massive ad dumps every day and still get buried 3 pages down.....annoying! Everett, I do appreciate all you do keeping this site in good shape, Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Businesses selling in classified section Reply with quote

Everett,

Thank you for being so considerate.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: