Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam_
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

Thanks for pm Christopher. Can I confirm the earlier style tiguan wheel posted by malmore just a few posts above, does that wheel fit a syncro, including centre caps, front and back once centre bore widened?

Thanks!
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

sam_ wrote:
Thanks for pm Christopher. Can I confirm the earlier style tiguan wheel posted by malmore just a few posts above, does that wheel fit a syncro, including centre caps, front and back once centre bore widened?

Thanks!

Center caps will fit on the front, but not the rear.

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
phantomcorsair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

Christopher Schimke wrote:
I was just doing a little research on the bolt pattern of the new VW Tiguan and discovered that the base model come with 16x6.5 ET33 wheels in a 5x112 bolt pattern. The wheels also appear to have a large "snout" for a centercap. There are two different wheel styles that come with these specs, the "San Diego" and the Baltimore".

Hopefully, other than machining out the centerbore, this may be a nice near bolt-on wheel alternative for Vanagons.

Just though you would like to know.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

None of the local salvage yards have these in stock at the moment - can anyone confirm if the stock 2WD rear studs are long enough to fit these wheels?
mog4x4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

got a set of tiguan steels for my doka, new to vanagon, please educate me. is syncro has smaller centre hubs? the wheel fits perfectly without center bored. All I need is to shop some small ball seating nuts Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mog4x4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

maybe front and rear are different sizes?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

Yes, they fit on the rear, but not the front. The flange on the front hub is too large.

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
mog4x4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

Yes, they fit on the rear, but not the front. The flange on the front hub is too large.

thanks! I have a set of spacers (from T3;) that was used for audi alloys (unbored), its 10mm, I really dont wanna bore off the centre lips on these steels as it might weak the whole structure, I'll use the spacer instead. hoping final ET23 wont give me any trouble.
RDKenny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

Hi mog4x4,
I think I have the same wheels and I have been wondering if they will fit for while. They are basically spare(s) off my 2007 Passat estate/wagon. Does the part number tally with yours by any chance, it is - 3CO.601.027. They are 16x7J.
My biggest concern other than centre bore (which I have got round before on other wheels with the help of spacers incidentally) is the load rating on these wheels....are they strong enough?
Cheers,
Dave
benandmj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

RDKenny wrote:
Hi mog4x4,
I think I have the same wheels and I have been wondering if they will fit for while. They are basically spare(s) off my 2007 Passat estate/wagon. Does the part number tally with yours by any chance, it is - 3CO.601.027. They are 16x7J.
My biggest concern other than centre bore (which I have got round before on other wheels with the help of spacers incidentally) is the load rating on these wheels....are they strong enough?
Cheers,
Dave

Not sure if your wheels are the same as mine but t I have been running Tiguan steel wheels for years without any problems. Opening the centers was easy and certainly didn’t affect the integrity of the wheel. There’s a lot more info on these earlier in this thread.
Marshj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

RDKenny wrote:
Hi mog4x4,
Cheers,
Dave

I run a set of wheels off a 2001 Passat Wagon, the alumnim 7 spoke. Bored center caps and got spacers from T3 and they work great. Could have ran them without spacers I think. Chris can better remind us.

Jeffery

tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

I bored out the centers of my 15" Passat steel wheels, no problem, no loss of strength.
caravelleoz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

I'm wanting to put either San Diego or Portland, Tiguan wheels on my 1990 Caravelle. Can anyone advise me what size hole to machine the centre bore out to? Also do the rear studs have to be replaced with longer ones?
Thanks
Redwesty89
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

I’ve got San Diego’s on my ‘89 2wd Westy.

They are my best opgrade so far!

I fitted them 4 years ago now. Rears fit with no alternations accept for the spherical lugnuts. The fronts got the centers bored out to 66.6mm. (Not all the way, left 2mm for the caps)
Centercaps rear are a straight fit, front one got the tabs cut off and glued them directly into the hole. Also fitted with spherical bolts of course.
I could even run the Tiguan tyres that came with them. 215/65/16, no rubbing issues with stock suspension. Load index 98 was good too(for Dutch regulations anyway) Speedometer is dead on correct.

About the length threads into the lugnuts at the rear:
The threads are in there for 3/4 of the length. Never head an issue with MOT all these years with 3 different mechanics doing the inspection.

I am not sure what the rules are on that topic.

Good luck!
Redwesty89
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

I’ve got San Diego’s on my ‘89 2wd Westy.

They are my best opgrade so far!

I fitted them 4 years ago now. Rears fit with no alternations accept for the spherical lugnuts. The fronts got the centers bored out to 66.6mm. (Not all the way, left 2mm for the caps)
Centercaps rear are a straight fit, front one got the tabs cut off and glued them directly into the hole. Also fitted with spherical bolts of course.
I could even run the Tiguan tyres that came with them. 215/65/16, no rubbing issues with stock suspension. Load index 98 was good too(for Dutch regulations anyway) Speedometer is dead on correct.

About the length threads into the lugnuts at the rear:
The threads are in there for 3/4 of the length. Never head an issue with MOT all these years with 3 different mechanics doing the inspection.

I am not sure what the rules are on that topic.

Good luck!
caravelleoz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

Thanks Redwesty89, just what I want to know.
JanglerVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

Hello all, I'm currently doing some winter upfit projects. One of these was Tiguan wheels and the small car big brake kit. I got my wheels back from the machine shop and found they rub on the caliper carrier. Has anyone else had this problem? If so do you happen to know what size spacer you needed? If not I'm going to buy some washers tomorrow to try find the right offset.
bogle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

Is this Tiguan wheel suitable for an '87 Syncro Westfalia? I know center bore needs mod. but, load-wise, or otherwise, any issues? Thanks, David
[/img]
Jim Hunter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

This is a 18 inch wheel from a 2016+ AD1...
Specs are 7X18 ET43 center bore is 57.1mm weight is 12kg and part # is 5NA 601 025 B 8Z8...
michaelasnider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

sam_ wrote:

Thanks!

Center caps will fit on the front, but not the rear.

Any idea for something that will fit on the rear?
siolence
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: 16" VW Tiguan wheels - 16x6.5 ET33 5x112 Reply with quote

Just mounted my Tiguan wheels. Had to go white walls out this time. Big shout out to Machinable Innovations in Bend for the center bore work. David did awesome work on the wheels. Check them out if you need your wheels machined.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: