Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who sells dual carbs for a 1385
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject: Who sells dual carbs for a 1385 Reply with quote

Looking for recommendations on a dual carb setup for a 1385cc single port

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Who sells dual carbs for a 1385 Reply with quote

which heads? 36, 40, or "okrasa"
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Who sells dual carbs for a 1385 Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Looking for recommendations on a dual carb setup for a 1385cc single port

It's ether make your own ..or find some rethwish manifolds there's a guy name danny who sells repops but need a lot of work and are pricey for them ...once in a while 36hp and 40hp dual manifolds come up on the classified ads but I haven't seen any in a while ...thats why folks just make there own ....it would be nice if empi started once again made parts for 36hp and 40hp engine like they did back in the 60s but empi only does the bigger 1600 base engines now days 👎 lol
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Who sells dual carbs for a 1385 Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:

All i remember is they are SP.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Who sells dual carbs for a 1385 Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Erik G wrote:

What engine 40hp or 36hp single port... there are two different intake gaskets the 36hp and early 40hp used a 32mm intake gasket and the later 40hp used a 34mm if your using the early 36 and 40hp heads you can open up the intake to the later 34mm but you have to make sure you use the right intake ends the rethwish manifolds I believe are for the early 32mm intake heads if you decide to make your own make sure you use the right intake end and gasket ..
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Who sells dual carbs for a 1385 Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Glenn wrote:
Erik G wrote:

What engine 40hp or 36hp single port... there are two different intake gaskets the 36hp and early 40hp used a 32mm intake gasket and the later 40hp used a 34mm if your using the early 36 and 40hp heads you can open up the intake to the later 34mm but you have to make sure you use the right intake ends the rethwish manifolds I believe are for the early 32mm intake heads if you decide to make your own make sure you use the right intake end and gasket ..

40hp.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Who sells dual carbs for a 1385 Reply with quote

Find out what intake gasket your head has ...32 or 34mm you measure the od of the intake gasket and it will be much easier to know what manifolds to get because I notice most of the manifolds folks make are the 32 I hardly find 34mm I don't know why 🤷‍♂️ but it's much easier to just cut off the ends of the stock manifold that matches the intake and make your own to your own specs like how tall you want them or short .....
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Who sells dual carbs for a 1385 Reply with quote

He just told me he's gonna contact Riechert in Germany.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Who sells dual carbs for a 1385 Reply with quote

I forgot about those lol I guess it's because I hardly see them around much ...i remember hearing they where expensive ...but anyways they have them in the early 32mm gaskets and 34mm ..but it's best to know ahead of time before asking them what head gaskets you have on the heads so that your buddy buys the right ones for his heads 👍
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Who sells dual carbs for a 1385 Reply with quote

I don't think cost is a real factor. I'm in the process of building a 2017cc Type 1 with EFI and crankfire for his 65 Bus.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Who sells dual carbs for a 1385 Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
He just told me he's gonna contact Riechert in Germany.

probably the best to be honest
artguy1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Who sells dual carbs for a 1385 Reply with quote

Riechert Kits are available_keep on the lookout. Look in Europe_that's the best bet. My oval has the Riechert Solex 34 PCI carbs and single port manifolds on a 1500cc H-block engine. Very smooth and always come back to idle nicely. Highly recommend!
<sp>
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Who sells dual carbs for a 1385 Reply with quote

You can buy them new from the manufacturer for 1470€.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Who sells dual carbs for a 1385 Reply with quote

artguy1 wrote:

sorry for the off topic post, but it sure looks like your taillights are mounted on the wrong sides.
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Who sells dual carbs for a 1385 Reply with quote

Also fabricated using stock end flanges for heads and carb base, but ended up with a clean installation on a Beetle:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php...t_dir=DESC

Gene Berg carb linkage would probably be easiest to adapt. Use either their universal down rods that would probably need one end cut and rethreaded, or make your own entirely to use the Berg (and/or Weber) ball socket ends.
gregson1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Who sells dual carbs for a 1385 Reply with quote

I like the use of the stock intake manifold end flanges because I have three with terminally clogged/burned out heat risers. Might try something like that in the future.

What I finally did was find a good pair of Euro 1200 dual port heads. Allows me to run whatever I want with aluminum intake manifolds. I've dialed in both Kadrons and Webers. I much prefer the Webers and will go back to them this year now that I've found the right manifold length to allow the decklid springs to stay in place on the Ghia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: