Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bug-a-Paluza 22 -East Ridge, TN - *CANCELED*
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
russwiththebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject: Bug-a-Paluza 22 -East Ridge, TN - *CANCELED* Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Bug-a-Palüza returns to Camp Jordan on April 18-19, 2020!

This two day festival features a VW car show with classes for air-cooled and water-cooled, a huge swap meet with vendors selling new and used parts, and a campout Friday and Saturday nights. Plus plenty of food, contests, prizes, and more. Custom trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each class on Sunday.

All event proceeds benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga. Last year, we donated over $25,000. Help us top that for 2020!

Spectator entrance is just $5 per person for the entire weekend. Children 12 and under admitted free.

Show car registration - $20 per vehicle, or $10 for a non-judged spot. All vehicles must be pre-registered, there will be no extra space the day of the show.

Swap meet spaces: $20 per 10'x20' space (one parking lot length). Multiple consecutive spaces can be purchased to accommodate larger vendors. Each swap meet registration includes entry to the show for two people. All vendors must be pre-registered, there will be no extra space the day of the show.

The RV lot is open and power/water is available on a limited basis. Camping space available for RVs, campers, tents, and VW campers. Camping fees are handled by East Ridge Parks and Rec and are subject to change. For more information, they can be contacted at (423) 867-6406.

Bug-a-Palüza 22 is a rain or shine event. Pets are allowed on a leash per the park rules/city ordinances. You are responsible for picking up after your pet.

Visit https://www.bugapaluza.com/ for all show details.

Also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/events/741736969623007/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
russwiththebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: TN - Bug-a-Paluza 22, April 18-19, 2020 - East Ridge, TN Reply with quote

Swap meet space is at capacity! We are sorry, but we can no longer accept vendor applications for 2020.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
comcam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: TN - Bug-a-Paluza 22, April 18-19, 2020 - East Ridge, TN Reply with quote

Wife daughter and I shall be attending to walk around and check all the cars out!
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: TN - Bug-a-Paluza 22, April 18-19, 2020 - East Ridge, TN Reply with quote

russwiththebus wrote:
Swap meet space is at capacity! We are sorry, but we can no longer accept vendor applications for 2020.

I’m planning on attending. Hopefully I’ll have a transmission by then.

I have a question as I’m not sure of the etiquette about these things.
I have a small number of parts (7 or Cool that I bought for my Ghia refresh that I ended up not using. Is it ok to set them next to my chair to sell or give away? I’m not a business and I don’t have enough to warrant a booth. Just don’t want to rub anyone the wrong way.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: TN - Bug-a-Paluza 22, April 18-19, 2020 - East Ridge, TN Reply with quote

I guess nobody in charge checks this?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
russwiththebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: TN - Bug-a-Paluza 22, April 18-19, 2020 - East Ridge, TN Reply with quote

After a year of planning and preparation, the last thing the Scenic City Volks Folks wanted to do was postpone Bug-a-Palüza 22. We remained optimistic that the COVID-19 pandemic would be behind us by mid-April. Unfortunately, the virus threat will still be with us until after our scheduled dates. Therefore, we have no choice but to postpone until August 1st and 2nd.

We received many emails and messages asking about the weekend of Swap-a-Palüza, but unfortunately the show grounds were unavailable for the much larger Bug-a-Palüza event. August 1-2 is a weekend that the park was available and should avoid interfering with other VW shows.

We understand this has a huge impact on the plans of those of you who have already pre-registered to show, swap and camp. If you will be unable to attend on the new dates, you will have two choices: You can donate your registration to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga or you can request a refund. All previously registered vehicles and vendors have been sent an email with detailed information.

If you made hotel reservations at a local hotel or camping reservations with Camp Jordan, please call them directly and ask to move or cancel those.

Beyond the fun and camaraderie, the main purpose of Bug-a-Palüza is to raise funds for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga. Since we began partnering with them at Bug-a-Palüza 9, our show has raised over a quarter of a million dollars. Bug-a-Palüza 21 raised over $26,000 in one weekend! The show has become their largest 3rd party fundraiser. We are hoping that Bug-a-Palüza 22 will be another record breaking year, but the delay in getting the funds from the show could be devastating to their ability to serve families in our community. We would encourage anyone with the means to make a small donation to them.

Please follow all the rules to keep you and your family safe through this unprecedented pandemic. We hope to see all of you at Bug-a-Palüza 22 in August!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Bug-a-Paluza 22 -East Ridge, TN - *POSTPONED* to Aug 1-2 2020 Reply with quote

Blessings in disguise.
I’ll definitely have my Ghia fully functional by August.
It will be my birthday as well!

russwiththebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Bug-a-Paluza 22 -East Ridge, TN - *POSTPONED* to Aug 1-2 2020 Reply with quote

Link

Due to a recent spike in the number of COVID-19 cases in Hamilton County Tennessee, home of Bug-a-Paluza, the county health department recently enacted an order that requires everyone to wear a face mask in public. Our volunteers will be required to enforce the rules, with the possibility of fines and jail time if they don’t. With this added requirement, the Scenic City Volks Folks regretfully announces that Bug-a-Paluza 22, which was scheduled for August 1-2, has been cancelled for this year.

Everyone who is currently registered will have the option to have their fees donated to Ronald McDonald House, rolled over to next year’s show, or refunded. This was not an easy decision for the club to make. We ask for your understanding in the decision, and for your continued support of future shows.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: