Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

This really is a great product.

The wind stability is improved, like we saw with 16" wheels and particularly D-rated tires (BFG KO2) -- and losing our cargo box.

For me the greatest of the bar is turn-in on corners! I'd swear sometimes that it's a car, meaning it's good to know the thing will actually turn when you really need it to.

The entire front end is much more solid and "cohesive" on rough roads, too.

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
B.O.B.Wanders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Add another one in the win column for T3. Installed these on my 2WD 83.5 Westy with no issues over several hundred miles of driving. Night and day, especially in tight corners and on the mountain roads.

There was one "gotcha" however. When I installed the anti-sway bar and HD end links (definitely get both!!), I had just enough clearance between the end of the bar and the springs with my stock 14" steel wheels and BFG KO's. Today I put on new 15" SA wheels and BFG KO2's (Yes, they did fit, but not much room to spare. I have 8mm between the sidewall and UCA).

So driving back from my local tire shop I start hearing "tunk, tunk, tunk..." but couldn't tell where it was coming from. "Oh crap", I'm thinking, "The tires are rubbing." This, after agonizing for the last few weeks about tires and wheels, reading thousands of wheel and tire posts, and finally taking the plunge on the BFG's. But nope. Nothing touching wheel or rubber. Maybe it's that pesky CV joint that occasionally ticks? Nope. Hmm, maybe brakes? Nope.

After removing wheels and brake drum and driving around the block with my head hanging out the window, I determined it was coming from the front driver's side (OK, so my wife DID say she thought it was coming from the front, but it wouldn't be very manly to just agree with her, right?). Remember that "just enough" clearance from the springs? With the taller wheels the geometry changed just enough it just almost touches. Corner or brake and "Tunk, tunk, tunk." Easy fix but it will wait until tomorrow. Once I grind a bit off each end and get it back on, I'll be able to really test out those new KO2's.

"It feels good to be lost in the right direction” - unknown
teej
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

I installed this last weekend with the HD end links. This thread was helpful in letting me know any fitment issues, especially re spring interference with bar ends.

Pics tell the tale, I used a quick clamp to hold the current generation shouldered chassis/bar bushing in the correct position, also the imprint from the old helped check position, marked and drilled a new hole, forward of slot for old bracket tab.

I waited to tighten chassis brackets down until the assembly at the ends was complete, and then levered bar forward into best position before tightening. There is no conflict with the recently installed Schwenk Springs.

I had one question during installation and Christopher was email helpful as usual.

Only minor local test drives so far, no real speed or wind encountered yet.

Like some others I had to remove a small amount of metal above the new hole to fit the hardware (Dremel and blackRustoleum spray paint). Added a little time to the job.
Sorry some pics uploaded sideways
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

dart330
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

I originally installed the bar in August of 2015 along with Burley HD Endlinks.

Recently noticed that the red bushings that come with the Burley kit had failed. I recall using a torque wrench, but maybe I got them too tight. Either way they were no longer functioning properly.

Decided to put the T3 Technique end links on today, took about 30 minutes to do both sides. Everything on the bar still looks great, glad to get more slop out of the system.

Here is a look at the two side by side. 6 year old Burley on the left, new T3 Technique on the right.

Previous Buses: 59 Westy, 60 Westy, 74 Bus, 82 Westy, 85 Westy, 87 Syncro
Checkout my Syncro Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JSWhLS7jLY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Those are universal sway bar bushings. I used them on the '98 Explorer we had. Several times. They are not durable but they are available everywhere.
Mateo83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

I'm patiently waiting for the 2wd kit to come back in stock.
squeegee_boy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

I installed one on my syncro last week, and it's nicely smoothed out crosswind buffeting on the highway, especially with my high top Smile

Installation took 30 minutes, and I put it new standoff blocks from his site as well.

And my old endlinks both sheared off when removing them, so I'm really glad everything fit on the first try Wink

Robyn
Mateo83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Will these sway bars work for lowered vanagons?
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

scwright99 wrote:
Will these sway bars work for lowered vanagons?

Absolutely!

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

We desperately need a T3 Technique rear swaybar.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Mateo83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Keep trying to order one. They are either out of stock or the shop is closed.
dublife13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Mateo83 wrote:

The bar looks to be in stock, the end links are not. The website shows the shop open today, closing tomorrow through the 15th. You could email Chris about the end links, I had emailed him when the whole kit was out of stock and he returned quickly letting me know when they would be back in stock so I could order the kit, which has been one of the best things I have done to my van.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Twan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

I finally got mine on after a long time of sitting in the garage, and did the steering brace at the same time, and it's amazing how tight the steering feels now. Didn't even have to drill any holes or anything.
space
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Sold out AGAIN!!! (drop links)
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Rear discs
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
We desperately need a T3 Technique rear swaybar.

On the way. Not tomorrow, but on the way.

Mateo83 wrote:

space wrote:
Sold out AGAIN!!! (drop links)
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I apologize to those who have tried to purchase either the HD anti-roll bar or the HD endlinks.

Most people have no idea how hard it is to keep these parts in stock these days. I have the bars made in lots of 200-500. The cost to do this is enormous and the lead times are ridiculous. What's worse is that the cost of the bars themselves has gone up every order since 2019. I just got notice of yet another 20% materials cost increase for this next batch. All of this makes it brutal to plan for the future. Unfortunately, this also means there will be a price increase for this next batch of anti-roll bars. I simply can't hold the current pricing any longer and still remain in business.

The same is true for the HD endlinks. Parts availability is spotty and getting more and more expensive every go round.

I'm doing the best I can, so please, if you see the bar in stock and want it, buy it right then and there, even if the HD endlinks are out of stock. You can always add those later on down the road. Just know, I'm doing my best to keep the price as low as possible and keep these products in stock, but it's just not an easy task these days.

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Thanks for sticking with it Christopher- It isn't an easy business! I appreciate your dedication to doing things right.
space
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

bought mine just now
waiting for drop links
T
Rear discs
AustinGoneWild
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

Any updates on a rear stabilizer bar for 2wd Vanagon?
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

AustinGoneWild wrote:
Any updates on a rear stabilizer bar for 2wd Vanagon?

Nope! Very Happy

Twan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: The New T3 Technique anti-roll bar - FINALLY! Reply with quote

I'm still really impressed how my van handles with the front sway bar, steering rack braces, and 17" wheels. I'd imagine it would be even better with the poly bushings. My van isn't exactly top heavy though.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: