Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wild Westerner Club
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
well I do HOPE that is isn't this bay..

You just couldn't let Bill have it, huh? Sad

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I appreciate all the help.
Two more mysteries that need to be investigated are Wild Westerners lost and last seen in Wadesboro NC (missing rear cargo door) and Beaver Pennsylvania (automatic rolling chassis).
Please let me know if anyone has any information on these Wild Westerners and or others that have disappeared. In addition if anyone is aware of any buses sitting in yards or in salvage yards please let us know so we can check them out.

Sullivan

2002 Snap Orange Turbo Beetle (Daughter)
1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

Card Carrying Member of the International Wild Westerner Club
America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)

Last edited by Bill Sullivan on Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

These are the ones I found and didn't post. I wanted big boy Bill to get them first Laughing He likes to celebrate these things.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Dang-it Notch you really know how to cut a rug !
I wish I could move like that.
I have a new handle for you, bust-ah-move Neutral

On behalf of all Members and Contributors I Officially would like to Welcome Mickey Mouse as the newest member to our club.
It is an Honor Mr. Mouse.

For those who have visited our forum and thought, what kind of Mickey Mouse operation is this !

HERE'S YOUR SIGN Razz

1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

This is now a serious threat.
My chances of getting a photo op with Cher next weekend were slim to none.
Now it will be a waste of time to even try.
I hope everyone takes necessary precautions and can weather this health storm without any issues.
A precaution you may not have thought of' use gloves when pumping gas, you don't know who has had their hands on the gas nozzle ahead of you.

If anyone gets the virus try and let us know. We are all family, diverse but still family.

Sullivan

Luman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

All right lady's and gentleman, I got turned and I'm gonna do a full paint job on my wild westerner in the OG colours! Happy days!

But I'd like to know if anyone can tell me the size of the blue stripe? Maybe someone have a template of it? And when I'm searching for the colour code, I don't get anything?

And BTW, have anyone ever seen a slammed wild westerner? Wink
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Luman wrote:
All right lady's and gentleman, I got turned and I'm gonna do a full paint job on my wild westerner in the OG colours! Happy days!

But I'd like to know if anyone can tell me the size of the blue stripe? Maybe someone have a template of it? And when I'm searching for the colour code, I don't get anything?

And BTW, have anyone ever seen a slammed wild westerner? Wink

No, have you seen a grown man naked?
Turbod16v
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Bill Sullivan wrote:
I appreciate all the help.
Two more mysteries that need to be investigated are Wild Westerners lost and last seen in Wadesboro NC (missing rear cargo door) and Beaver Pennsylvania (automatic rolling chassis).
Please let me know if anyone has any information on these Wild Westerners and or others that have disappeared. In addition if anyone is aware of any buses sitting in yards or in salvage yards please let us know so we can check them out.

Sullivan

I live in Beaver County Pennsylvania, if that's where you're referring to
and would like to know if there's a westerner hiding around here to!

Any last known leads or where this rumor started?

Edit
Searched post, found it was owned by 69busboy. he must be in my county but I haven't met him. No idea on on his whereabouts but I'll look around.
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Blue Stripe Top 3.125 inches (3 1/4 inches) then a gap of .5 inch (1/2 inch) then the lower blue stripe is .5 Inches (1/2 inch).

Originally the blue stripe was a vinyl decal. I have redone two wild westerners and using vinyl is a pain because of the corners being round in two directions.

Having said that it is my opinion it would be easier to paint the stripes.
Someone suggested L52P as a paint code for the blue strip. I have not looked at any paint chips to see if that would be a good color choice .

Beaver Pennsylvania
Yes I will look at my records and get back with you.

Cuz

Luman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Bill Sullivan wrote:
Blue Stripe Top 3.125 inches (3 1/4 inches) then a gap of .5 inch (1/2 inch) then the lower blue stripe is .5 Inches (1/2 inch).

Originally the blue stripe was a vinyl decal. I have redone two wild westerners and using vinyl is a pain because of the corners being round in two directions.

Someone suggested L52P as a paint code for the blue strip. I have not looked at any paint chips to see if that would be a good color choice .

Beaver Pennsylvania

Cuz

Thanks Bill! I'll look into it. Maybe I'm gonna repaint it without the blue stripe.. Time will show ☺️
Luman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Bill Sullivan wrote:

Beaver Pennsylvania

Cuz

Bill, if I want to try with the decal, where should I then look for it? Who can make it?
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

This is where I purchased my stock. You will need to calculate the amount needed however I suggest it be at least 72" long (6 foot long) Because you will not want to piece it between the seams in the body. The left rear side and right rear side are just under 6 foot long.

We have several members than have added or replaced the blue stripes recently maybe they will have some suggestions.

It is going to take a single edge razor blade, metal straight edge and a good steady hand.
I feel a couple of shots of a good rye whisky before starting this project would be most beneficial.
Very Happy
If you are furnishing the whisky i will come help.
Cuz

Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Need advise from the pros.
I all of a sudden lost power to the ignition I thought,
I removed the electrical part of the ignition switch and can start the engine ok using a screwdriver.
Ordered a new switch from busboys it didn't look anything like the OEM switch and would not fit in hole as well.
Found a used OEM switch installed same problem.
Pictured is a small crack in the plastic housing that is the same on both oem switches. Would that be a telltale sign the switch is bad and would cause the problem that I am experiencing ?
No power at all when you turn the key on and does not spring back when you let go from start position

andrewtf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Quote:

Bill Sullivan wrote:

I hate to be "that guy", but in the interest of perfection (which is what every bus owner strives for - right?).........

3.125" is 3-1/8" - not 3-1/4"
A small, probably un-noticeable detail - but someone might care - a lot.
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I admit when i received the question it was late at night and I ran outside with a flashlight to measure the stripe.

However, Andrew I do not show a Wild Westerner in Illinois is your Wild Westerner registered ?

If not let register it and I will send free certification decals and also the membership is free as well.

Bill Sullivan

andrewtf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Bill - sorry..... No Wild Westerner here.
Just 2 Rivieras.

I'm simply an interested viewer.
But I greatly admire your hard work and perseverance in your quest for full documentation.

Andrew
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Bill - yes - once the plastic case cracks, it doesn't just provide electrical insulation, it is also positioning the various contacts in the switch in the right place so that they will work.

Its pretty much a textbook ignition switch mode of failure.

It isnt a terrible time to consider putting in a high amp, push button starter switch to remove the load from the cheap replacement switches which are all thats availble now.

Hot start relays were how the Corona virus started. Ok, I made that up.
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I installed a button to engage the the starter and that works fine but no power to the ignition will not crank it up. So sounds like a screwdriver is the cure. Is there a way to remove the steering wheel lock so i do not have to leave the key wire tied in on position so the steering wheel will turn?

Grazing in the grass is a gas baby, can you dig it?

Luman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Bill Sullivan wrote:
This is where I purchased my stock. You will need to calculate the amount needed however I suggest it be at least 72" long (6 foot long) Because you will not want to piece it between the seams in the body. The left rear side and right rear side are just under 6 foot long.

We have several members than have added or replaced the blue stripes recently maybe they will have some suggestions.

It is going to take a single edge razor blade, metal straight edge and a good steady hand.
I feel a couple of shots of a good rye whisky before starting this project would be most beneficial.
Very Happy
If you are furnishing the whisky i will come help.
Cuz

Thanks Bill! This is a huge help 😎 trying to find a supplier of decals here en Denmark, so I can be ready as soon the beauty is coming back from the painter Wink
Regarding the paint code L52P, then I can't find it anywhere? Doesn't seems like there are a blue paint code with that code :/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Page 148 of 169

Jump to: