Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Placement of intake manifold on top of case (photo included)
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
markeaton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject: Placement of intake manifold on top of case (photo included) Reply with quote

The intake manifold has a notch to rest on top of the case bolt at the top.

My question is does it rest on the bolt touching the case and then nut goes on after, or does it touch the nut (since case is already closed up)?

Thanks,
Mark

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Placement of intake manifold on top of case (photo included) Reply with quote

Nut goes on after and holds it in place.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
markeaton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Placement of intake manifold on top of case (photo included) Reply with quote

Thanks Glenn. What I thought, but wanted confirmation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volksworld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Placement of intake manifold on top of case (photo included) Reply with quote

the dual port cases(like the one in your pic) use a longer stud in that location to hold the manifold...if you're using an earlier case you'll need that longer stud...it uses a flat washer there in addition to the wave washer
Tom K.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Placement of intake manifold on top of case (photo included) Reply with quote

I've wondered whether washers are also needed between the manifold and the case - thus on both sides of the manifold flange. Probably wouldn't hurt?
'65 Ghia: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=762478&highlight=
markeaton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Placement of intake manifold on top of case (photo included) Reply with quote

I put on last night easy enough. I do have a 73 type 1 case, so it rested on a longer bolt.

I did end up adding a washer. All snug and everything back to normal.

Thanks for tips and comments !!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: