Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2022 Type 3 Invasion - Crescent City, CA - June 16-19, 2022
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason37
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

Just pulled the motor on the 63 to chase down a leak, then hopefully the weather up here will cooperate for some long distance testing. Probably won't be able to commit until May, but the plan is to attend...now if i could find a couple of suckers, I mean friends to tag along to help push in case of a break down.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jaransonT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

I have made some more updates to the Invasion website, including more Invaders, more shirt pre-order info, and the Silent Auction page.

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2020Invasion/InvasionAuction2020.html

If anyone wants to donate items for the Silent Auction just let me know. More info on the webpage.

We are up to 37 Invaders with nearly 5 months to go! This is looking to be epic! Let's see if we can break the existing record for Type 3s at an Invasion...43.5.
Crescent City or bust!!!
'69 Square
'70-1 Fasty
https://www.carartbyjohn.com
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

Host Hotel update:
3 double queen rooms and 1 single queen room upstairs. And 1 double queen handicap room downstairs are left.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

Not starting rumors, but keep checking this thread in case there are alterations of plans for the Invasion... delay or cancellation.

There is no logical reason it should be, given the logistics of the event, but things are getting weird these days...
jaransonT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

I have been monitoring the advance of the virus and recommendations from the CDC and other government agencies. At this point I don't see any reason to change the plans for the Invasion. We are still a ways off...but getting close at the same time.

My intent is to give Invaders plenty of advanced notice should we be forced to make changes. Keep your fingers crossed and stay safe.

One silver lining of having so much time at home is that it gives us plenty of time to get our cars ready for the trip...
'69 Square
'70-1 Fasty
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
eyetzr Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

Working from home. No extra time on the car though. I was trying not to think about the Invasion being affected by this virus.
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

So many spring events being cancelled right now. Hopefully things will lighten up by the middle of June and the invasion will still be on.
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

So far, no negatives from the host hotel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jaransonT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

Just a quick update. I am still monitoring the "shelter in place" and other travel restrictions. Brian and I will give it at least until the beginning of May before making any decisions about the Invasion We are still 2-1/2 months away. Brian is going to check with the host hotel about timing for cancellations of reservations without penalty. Will post info as we get it.

For right now, we are still planning on holding the Invasion as planned in the middle of June.

Everyone please stay safe and stay home...at least until the Invasion. <G>
'69 Square
'70-1 Fasty
jaransonT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

I also updated the Invaders List and Map. 42 Planned Invaders right now!!
'69 Square
'70-1 Fasty
Typ3nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

Start by saying that I hope everyone is Staying Safe, Staying Healthy and Staying Connected.
What troubling times we are all experiencing, I was planning on flying out and attending the 2020 T3 Invasion, but even though it's 8 weeks away, signs of life turning back to, said "Normal" seems even more distant. Planning a flight and car rental poses a decision, on whether to attend. Driving a vintage Type 3 cross-country seems even more challenging, as each State has different time frames on Health Safety Regulations.
Been keeping track of the Crescent City T3 Invasion location, County of Del Norte, CA Covid-19 Health updates here:
http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/departments/health-human-services/public-health
Let's hope for the best and see this virus gone !
Interesting News Story...
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-04-1...-lockdowns
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

The hotel manager is keeping me apprised of the Del Norte County restrictions. When they know more, I will pass it on.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

I've decided to not attend given the current global circumstances. I strongly recommend this get pushed out to next year given the pandemical circumstances but still keep the same location. I know, I know, it wouldn't be an even year but it would be a good bit of trivia as to why the Invasions would be on odd years Laughing
The First Invasion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

Air_Cooled_Nut wrote:
I've decided to not attend given the current global circumstances. I strongly recommend this get pushed out to next year given the pandemical circumstances but still keep the same location. I know, I know, it wouldn't be an even year but it would be a good bit of trivia as to why the Invasions would be on odd years Laughing

I think you won't be the only one who'll have this same idea.
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

Well...

I hate this, but we will be postponing the 2020 Invasion until the same weekend in 2021. So, June 17-20 is the new date. Same location, same hotel.

I will contact the host hotel and we will confirm the new date first thing tomorrow. The management and I have already been talking about this as a back up plan.

So, procrastinators, you get 364 more days!
jaransonT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

This is what I posted on the vwtype3.org list and the Facebook Group....

I wish I did not have to write this post. However, in light of the recent announcement from the Governor of California about the plan to re-open the state slowly over the coming months, and out of an abundance of caution and concern for the well-being of all our Invaders, Brian Fye and I have decided to postpone the Invasion for one year.

Preliminary communications with the host hotel look good for us to be able to host it there the same weekend in June of 2021, the 17th through the 21st. We will announce firm details as we make them.

This has been a very hard decision, but I have consulted with our former hosts and other Invasion regulars and our sponsors at ISP West. It is the right thing to do.

One silver lining, we all have another 12 months to get our cars ready to make the trip to Crescent City.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me through e-mail [email protected], phone 313-729-4901, or Facebook personal message.

I wish all of you the very best and please stay healthy and safe until we see each other in 2021.
'69 Square
'70-1 Fasty
pitargue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

It was a tough decision, but the correct one. So, I guess we individually have to cancel our room reservations. Hopefully, the owners of the hotel can make it though this economic downturn and be there for us in 2021.

Thank you so much for all the hard work for putting on the invasion. It is greatly appreciated by all of us.
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

I will know tomorrow if I can make a group cancelation.
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

Here is the host hotel info. If you could call, or email to cancel you reservations, that would be great. The manager just told me that Crescent City just cancelled their big July July 4th celebration too.

Curly Redwood Lodge
701 Hwy 101 S.
Crescent City, CA 95531
Information: (707) 464-2137
www.curlyredwoodlodge.com

Last edited by vwfye on Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: 2020 Type 3 Invasion - June 18-21, 2020 - Crescent City, CA Reply with quote

jaransonT3 wrote:

One silver lining, we all have another 12 months to get our cars ready to make the trip to Crescent City.

Cool

See you guys there..

What’s That Noise?!?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Page 5 of 21

Jump to: