Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
fastone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Your welcome if you have any questions about auto-craft stuff just ask. You have my number.
Your car is sweet, You should post pics of under the hood and interior for the samba gang.
They love pictures Very Happy
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

My rear fenders shipped today From David at Creative Car Craft. I got a pair of the 1.25 wider so they would match. Stopped by the painter and he said he was slow right now and to bring them over next week... Going to be damage free soon.

Here are some pictures of the inside of the car.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

fl59bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Wow just wow - your car looks better than new, imho. I love the wiring and upholstery, and those killer Weld wheels and MT drag radials.
TinCanFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

What are your plans for the board the amp sits on? Car is setup nice!

They're never really ever finished 58 rag build...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=658092
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

It was done but sat funny and is kinda bulky so we are going to cover it with leather or maybe a piece of stainless over the wood.

My third page of photos has a picture of the amp cover. It is backlit with blue.
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Test fit the new fender from Correct Car craft. SO much nicer than the chop gun ones I had on the car, and lighter also... sending them to paint tomorrow. Kind of a pain having to remove the traction bar, bumper to get the old one off but I wanted to make sure the tire fit under them. 1.25 wider and 175.00 each + 50 shipping on each. Hand laid is purdy even underneath.

old one

New one

Hope for no rain on Sunday, Irwindale here we come. With the changes made I think we will be much lower in the 8's and mph should be up also. Watch it be slower....That would be funny.. NOT. Twisted Evil
TinCanFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

ivkings4 wrote:
It was done but sat funny and is kinda bulky so we are going to cover it with leather or maybe a piece of stainless over the wood.

My third page of photos has a picture of the amp cover. It is backlit with blue.

Very nice

They're never really ever finished 58 rag build...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=658092
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j-dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

New fender looks great!
buguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

I put a set of stock width CCC fenders on my car in 2004 and they are just as good now as they were the day I put them on.
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Been raining here so board. I put Sfi padding along the top bar and side bar closest to me for Sunday. Last tech the guy said they might call me on not having it where my body can touch.

I got a new Mallory cap in the mail today. Took the old new one apart to see what happened to it. The part that rides on the rotor welded itself up into the cap from cranking the engine with the plug wires off of the spark plugs. Cooked the rotor also. Note to self “Don’t do that again”
BYeaton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

ivkings4 wrote:
Been raining here so board. I put Sfi padding along the top bar and side bar closest to me for Sunday.

Hope you saw that they postponed Drag Day this Sunday until June 28th. d'oh!
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Thanks. Didn’t see it till you said something.

Now I have time to pull the engine to have the heads done. Dave also wants my trans out to try something he is working on. All I need to do is pull the trans and let him have it for a week. I can’t say what it is but once he gives me the thumbs up I will post pictures.

April 4th is WW parking lot show/open house. Car will stay together until that.(unless that gets cancelled)
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Correct car craft fenders are back from paint... much faster than I thought. 2 weeks was really 2 weeks.

Came out perfect.

Sending the traction bar and hardware to powder coat Monday. If there is a Monday Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
HotStreetVw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Looks good.

ivkings4 wrote:
If there is a Monday Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Don’t count on it
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GARRICK.CLARK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Very nice bug. But who welded that patch on the rear bumper mount.
Just sayin
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Thanks for noticing. I did. It was just to reinforce the back half of the car. It wasn’t a patch. That side needed a lot of altering to fit the valve covers. I’m obviously not a welder by trade. Just wanted sturdy butt.
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Thanks to James (short dog) for loaning me the seal-gasket for the bumper brackets thru fender. No clue when I could of got them from WW since they are mail order only and not even sure if Tony will be open this week coming up. Not sure if vw parts fall under "essential services"

Before my Chinese fenders were so thick I had to silicone them on to make them look right. These are installed the same as stock fenders since the fenders are thinner.

The apron got painted also but until #4 exhaust loop gets twisted in (Tiger) and the #2 in a little also I am going to leave it off, I kinda like it off, looks meaner if that's a word.

King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Guess what I’m getting?? Dave is going to put this in my car. I just need to pull the engine and trans. Best of both worlds. TBD and a spool. Not sure what He will charge for this. Im getting the (I need a car to try it in deal) there will be a video on his Facebook of it working once he uploads it.

Michael B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

You lucky dog! We were taking about this option for my VW Thing and he was still in the engineering/thinking phase.

My most recent transmission (091) that he built kicks ass Cool

Nothing like getting full locked up two tires grabbing fun!
Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: AutoCraft 2783cc street engine in 61 Rag Reply with quote

Mike Herbert at Rancho can convert your 091 or 094 into a locker as well (using the syncro diff like).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Jump to:
Page 48 of 84

Jump to: