Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gas prices where you are
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

60ragtop wrote:
doesn't work that way, you expect the gas price to drop in half?

No, not at all. But it should be cheaper since the price of West Texas crude per barrel has been cut in half.
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

There are now several gas stations in Oklahoma selling gas below $1 a gallon.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:

Now down to 80's prices. Amazing.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:

Dave it won’t be long till tax money comes up short and the state runs a deficit again. They aren’t talking about it but you know it’s coming, this place still runs on oil.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:

Dave it won’t be long till tax money comes up short and the state runs a deficit again. They aren’t talking about it but you know it’s coming, this place still runs on oil.

Refresh my memory. Is gas tax assessed per gallon sold, or on the total selling price?

If the former, tax collection should be booming once travel really starts again. If the latter, we can look forward to politicians crying for more money.
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:

Refresh my memory. Is gas tax assessed per gallon sold, or on the total selling price?

If the former, tax collection should be booming once travel really starts again. If the latter, we can look forward to politicians crying for more money.

Gasoline tax paid by consumer is price per gallon. Zundfolge is referring to the State cooperate taxes paid on the oil production of companies taking the oil out of the ground. Here in OK oil is the largest industry
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

Puts you a smidgen under $2 a gallon - that leaves more for Tim Hortons!!

Don’t you mean Burger King? Twisted Evil

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:

Gasoline tax paid by consumer is price per gallon. Zundfolge is referring to the State cooperate taxes paid on the oil production of companies taking the oil out of the ground. Here in OK oil is the largest industry

OK got it. Didn't know you both were in OK, and didn't catch the corporate tax reference.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

so far lowest top tier name brand I've seen in Houston is $1.49 cash and card at a Texico in the hood... I saw a pic of Gulf at $1.49 cash 1.59 credit but gulf is not top tier that I know of
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

at one of the local 'higher priced' stations, i saw $1.99/gal today, so i know it will be less at other stations in the general area.
hopkin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Another drop here today to 60.9 cents per liter:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1972 914 (past)
1991 Honda Civic (Original Owner)
1996 'Open Air' Mexican Beetle (current)
2015 Golf (current)
2017 Dune Edition (daughter's car)
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

hopkin wrote:
Another drop here today to 60.9 cents per liter:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I recall a trip I took through southern BC back in the mid 90's, and I was not happy to pay 54.9 cents per liter. That was about 30% more than the price here in the states at the time.

I was driving a yellow 74 standard beetle at the time.
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

This morning it was $2.19 a gallon.

56 Beetle - Wilbur. I found a lot of lipstick on this pig so far.
63 Beetle - Luna
66 13 window Bus - Tetanus
71 Bay Window - Lola. Totaled.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

We’ve been on a 3 week road trip to the east coast and back closing it today making it home. Traffic has been really good but the gas prices have been awesome! “Worse” we’ve paid so far was around $2.50, averaging under $2 but the best was $1.49 at an Exxon station no less! Razz
wiscokid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

I want to drive out myself to see but .99cents a gallon at the loves truck stop in Elkhorn Win It's a new station and they have been battling it out with the old station next door. Haven't seen prices like this since high school.
JKBagley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Here in Louisiana (where the governor recently raised the fuel tax) I paid 1.93.9 yesterday without shopping around.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Saw $2.25 yesterday at the no-name station. The better stuff is still @ $2.30-ish.
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

JKBagley wrote:
Here in Louisiana (where the governor recently raised the fuel tax) I paid 1.93.9 yesterday without shopping around.

(False, the bill never made it out of committee in the La. legislature)
I saw $1.77 while driving back from the New Orleans airport a week ago. Haven't been out since then. Gasbuddy.com is reporting $1.39 in lots of places in Louisiana, and a little less in a couple of others.

Louisiana excise tax on gasoline and diesel is 20¢ per gallon (#43 out of 50 US states) while the federal excise tax on gasoline is 18.4¢ per gallon and Diesel and Kerosene are 24.2¢ per gallon. Louisiana has a 32¢ per gallon excise tax on beer. Wink

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Q-Dog wrote:
JKBagley wrote:

(False, the bill never made it out of committee in the La. legislature)
I saw $1.77 while driving back from the New Orleans airport a week ago. Haven't been out since then. Gasbuddy.com is reporting $1.39 in lots of places in Louisiana, and a little less in a couple of others.

Louisiana excise tax on gasoline and diesel is 20¢ per gallon (#43 out of 50 US states) while the federal excise tax on gasoline is 18.4¢ per gallon and Diesel and Kerosene are 24.2¢ per gallon. Louisiana has a 32¢ per gallon excise tax on beer. Wink

I thought that statement was odd, since the governor can't raises taxes alone anyway.

We were in NOLA for Thanksgiving week in 2018. I was blown away at the low fuel prices. Close to a dollar less than ours at that time.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

The lowest I have seen here in our community so far is $.88 a liter. That I believe would be $2.70 a gallon in your dollars.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Jump to:
Page 124 of 200

Jump to: