Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

rotisserie design
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghiafreek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject: rotisserie design Reply with quote

Anyone have a design for a pan rotisserie?
Have a '65 squareback that needs it.
thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OKType3Tim Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: rotisserie design Reply with quote

Not a plan, but an example. Made from two harbor freight low end engine stands. Extend the height of the stands. Used a long square tube to connect the stand together from the bottom (not show in pictures. Fabbricated brackets for each end.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: rotisserie design Reply with quote

That'll work. Keep in mind with those things that you want a center to outside measurement (widest point), plus a couple of inches to set the height at the ends. I only say that, because if you get it off, it'll only flip most of the way over and stop (crash into the tie bar along the bottom).
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
ghiafreek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: rotisserie design Reply with quote

Perfect! Much appreciated.
OKType3Tim Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: rotisserie design Reply with quote

Also note: that when I welded in the height extension, I made sure that the tube at the top was positioned "level". The low cost engine stands have them cocked slightly up hill.
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: rotisserie design Reply with quote

OKType3Tim wrote:
Also note: that when I welded in the height extension, I made sure that the tube at the top was positioned "level". The low cost engine stands have them cocked slightly up hill.

Yup, when I built the one I used on the Trans Am I'm working on, I worked off the centers of both ends and in my case the centers of the body. A buddy of mine thought I was crazy double and triple checking my measurements, but in the end, it worked just fine (I had 2 inches to spare), and would do a full roll over. In fact, my biggest concern actually was clearing my roof supports (rafters), as I have 7 foot ceilings in my garage.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: