Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VWs in Movies / Films / TV / etc.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 118, 119, 120  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

Nice work.

The rear end looks really high to me, that's strange
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TUFF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

OK, here is one to look at if it has not been mentioned in this thread. The 10 minute YouTube video chase scene from Bullit - Steve McQueen's classic 1968 Fastback Mustang chase scene - if you make it through the first 5 minutes - either playing Slug Bug with your friend or taking a shot of beer for every VW Bug spotted - you Win.

And the chase scene is through the hills of San Fransicso - plenty of old cars and scenery to look over - a short trip and fun to watch..
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

I watch re runs of Chips, Emergency, Adam 12 and Dragnet all the time. LOTS of old VW`s and other cars on them. But I like Chips the best.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

The Butler, 2013. This shot and one more of the same convertible but parked.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

A screen shot from a CONFIRMED myth from Mythbusters. I'm not sure what episode but obviously there was a vintage Bug fan among the staff. Looks like a pre-'68 front bumper. Even the P-clamps look correct:
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Nice work.

The rear end looks really high to me, that's strange

I am thinking it's a movie prop with no engine, hence the high hiney; easier to roll around this way, too..
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

Channel surfing and spotted this zoom by for about half a second in the background. Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack circa 1994
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

empi3 wrote:
From the movie Sunchaser

Steven

Not sure if anyone else posted this but this bus is for sale on OldBug

https://www.oldbug.com/sunchaserbus.htm
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

Bryan67 wrote:
I watch re runs of Chips, Emergency, Adam 12 and Dragnet all the time. LOTS of old VW`s and other cars on them.

Adam-12 is on the Me-TV channel; 2 episodes late afternoon weekdays. Here are a few shots I caught in the past few months:

From 1970 (season 3, episode 5)- officers Malloy and Reed drive past this Ghia parked along the road. Dual reverse lights, wide rear track, low back seats; and lack of rear fender reflectors point to 1967 model year.

From 1968- officers Malloy and Reed stop a VW Blue '68 Beetle. Blond driver is actress Melody Patterson, best known for playing feisty Wrangler Jane in the TV show "F Troop". IMDB lists the scene was filmed in Studio City, CA. Season 1, episode 2.

From 1973 (season 6, episode 5)- "Venice Division". Officers Malloy (center) and Reed (left) chase after and stop a speeding dune buggy. Very nicely done Jeffries Kyote with Cragar SS wheels. IMDB shows this scene is in Playa del Rey, CA (just north of LAX airport) a few blocks inland from the beach.

Episode named "Suspended" (1973, S 5, Ep 20), Malloy and Reed (later Ofc. Tyson subsituting for suspended Ofc. Reed) follow a green early '60's Beetle. Its rear license plate, the classic California "black plate", had small pieces of electrical tape carefully placed over some of the letters and numbers to make them appear different. Malloy could not get a positive make on the plate until he guessed at the right combination later on. Malloy wonders how Tyson knows this is a '63 per the final plate make, saying "they all look the same to him". Tyson says " '63 was the first year of larger taillights, and extra vents". Rolling Eyes

When they get to the car's address a few days later, a Beetle rushes out of the driveway. Malloy says it must be the same car but just repainted in a rush. It's now pale yellow, and is obviously a '67 due to the slotted wheel trim rings and the wide rear track... I did not get a screen shot, but here's a shot from IMDB:
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

Today on Emergency

Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

Charlie's Angels (2000). It did have a roof rack and surf board.

# 303 and #156

Last edited by Fish on Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Evil Clown
Live

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

ZONK on da half Porche Smile
Comm

Quote:
I'll take a Happy Meal with Prozac please

Quote:
kiss my airy VW ass

Quote:
German word for constapation:
Farfrompoopin

Quote:
Chinese word for constipation:
Hung Chow Chow.. & it was GR8!
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

Locked in still flattening the curve also recovering from a surgery so I’m watching a lot of movies, but only high quality classic stuff like this 1974 gem.
“Black Mama White Mama” starring Pam Grier alias Foxy Brown alias Jackie Brown. Plenty of T and A as they escape from a women’s prison in the Philippines. Then there’s these little VW countrymen run about looking things. They even burned one at the end. Spoiler alert😀

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

Damn, I think those are pretty collectible even though they are weird
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

kubel in 'the man with the iron heart' a bbc film about heydrich. unfortunately this is supposed to be poland in '39 before the kubel was in service d'oh!

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Damn, I think those are pretty collectible even though they are weird

Wife looked it up, they were made in Australia for a few years but production was only about 2000, so I’d wager to say they are rare now.
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

TV show "Emergency!", 1978 Season 7, episode 7 "Greatest Rescues of Emergency!" was a recollection of notable rescues by the TV series' main characters John Gage (actor Randolph Mantooth) and Roy DeSoto (Kevin Tighe) from their past years together at Squad 51. An early 60's Beetle had plunged into a bay with the driver trapped inside, who was breathing out of a small air pocked in the rear ceiling area. One of the rescuers runs a large air hose into the car thru the open vent window so the driver can get some additional breathing air. After using a porta tool to open the lightly crushed/jammed driver's door, the rescuer successfully gets the driver out. In another shot i spotted the small taillamps and the "full grip" door handle so that the car is either a '60 or '61. Light blue B-pillar color (or possibly pearl white, appearing bluish due to water).
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

"Top Gear" the American-crew based show (2014, Season 5, ep. 7) named "What can it take"- the team takes their cheap but hopefully robust vehicles to the Mojave Desert in Southern California. One of the drivers (Rutledge Wood, driving the silver Mercedes-Benz) spots a bunch of VWs off in the distance from their road. The team pulls off and drives across a dirt field to them, with the first "challenge" of the show to remove weight from the their cars. The team stands in front of their cars, with Adam Ferrara driving the green postal Jeep and Tanner Foust in the maroon Honda Civic sedan. The power tools are placed in front of them on the green Beetle hood. You can also see a single port intake manifold, 2 cylinder heads, a flywheel, a high-neck 1960's fuel tank; and a flat hubcap in the foreground.

I've been to this exact spot back in the late '90's. It's on Calif. Route 66 east of Newberry Springs (a few miles east of Barstow). I also walked a few hundred feet from the road south towards the outer perimeter of the many VWs, but did not go closer because this was private property and nobody was around. You can see trucks on Interstate 40 in background.
YDBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs in Films / TV / etc. Reply with quote

I know Greatest American Hero has been mentioned as Connie Selleca's character drove a white convertible bug, but the first three minutes is just a VW sand rail chase...

Link

'64 baja
'60 dune buggy
'73 Personenkraftwagen Type 182 "Thing"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 118, 119, 120  Next
Jump to:
Page 74 of 120

Jump to: