Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

J Bugs slow shipping
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric71sup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:28 am    Post subject: J Bugs slow shipping Reply with quote

Has anyone ordered anything from J bugs lately. I ordered some spring plate bushings almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything from them. I assume it's due to the virus. They don't realize that my car is on jacks waiting to be put back together.

Corona virus or me. Come on...priorities people.
chicagovw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: J Bugs slow shipping Reply with quote

Have you tried to call them and ask?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: J Bugs slow shipping Reply with quote

Isn't California on lockdown?
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
grandpa red
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: J Bugs slow shipping Reply with quote

chicagovw wrote:
Have you tried to call them and ask?

I was going to say the same thing.

Or could be porch pirates!
Tom K.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: J Bugs slow shipping Reply with quote

I placed an order at Jbugs on Monday and am still waiting in PA. They are fielding orders still I think - I received an email from them on Monday regarding a specific part. But maybe they are banned from going into the warehouse to box the goods?

Samba members are shipping immediately! Air Head parts also got an order out immediately. Wolfsburg West is not taking orders now.
'65 Ghia: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=762478&highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: J Bugs slow shipping Reply with quote

Maybe the part you ordered is out of stock and they are waiting to get the product in so they can ship to you.
ricaroo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: J Bugs slow shipping Reply with quote

Copied this from the Jbugs home page

X
JBugs is Shipping Orders!
We will continue to provide exceptional customer service for online and phone orders. However, our storefront is closed until further notice. We will closely monitor the situation and do all we can to protect you and our employees.

I would call them and find out...

Rick
stewartsoda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: J Bugs slow shipping Reply with quote

I ordered some stuff late last week and it got here yesterday.
robcy04
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: J Bugs slow shipping Reply with quote

I made an order on 3/31 and FedEx got it on 4/1, and based on whay FedEx says it will be here in Florida by 4/4.

If you order online you can track the process using the confirmation email they send, or by going into your account, and clicking on the "View My Orders".
77vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: J Bugs slow shipping Reply with quote

I placed an order on March 30th and received in Indiana on April 2nd. Called first making sure they were shipping. Outstanding service from these folks!
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: J Bugs slow shipping Reply with quote

I ordered something from them last month with standard usps. After a week they hadn't shipped it. When I asked them about it, they replied that I should have used expedited shipping (4x the cost) if I was in a hurry. I cancelled the order and in the future will stick to other vendors as much as possible.

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: J Bugs slow shipping Reply with quote

vamram wrote:
I ordered something from them last month with standard usps. After a week they hadn't shipped it. When I asked them about it, they replied that I should have used expedited shipping (4x the cost) if I was in a hurry. I cancelled the order and in the future will stick to other vendors as much as possible.

Wise choice, I’ve mentioned this before but why if a person lived on the east coast why would they order parts from thousands of miles away when they could get same brands, cheaper shipping and personal service from the owner himself ? Yes I’ll give him this shameless plug. Located in the Midwest, a mom and pop business.

www.bughaus.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: