Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alaskaberrys Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

Colorado Yeti wrote:
I'm being redeployed from cardiology to critical care in a couple of days and am being assigned to an ICU where all patients are COVID-19 positive and the majority are on ventilators. I am not coming home for a while and am going to sleep in my van in the church parking lot adjacent to the hospital. Shower, work, shower, sleep, shower, work....that will be my life. Obviously, I am concerned about the welfare of my future patients, my family and me. Working on outfitting the van this weekend, along with my guitar. Wherever you stand politically/religiously on this issue, God bless and please keep isolated & safe.

If you have time, please watch the following video from an ICU doctor in NYC who gives some excellent common sense information on how to avoid getting sick and what to do if you do get sick. A bit long (45 minutes) but invaluable. The vast majority if the information is appropriate for the general public. It is the best that I have seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxyH1rkuLaw&fe...-D_1JMMkwA

Thank you for your actions and thanks for the video link. I’m glad you have your van to use as a family safeguard (I always sleep better in the van anyways Very Happy ). Stay safe and thank you again for your service.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

If you're reading this you need to share this "intelligent" video with everyone you know.
It is not another hearsay 2nd or 3rd hand news report, it is what is happening.

Thanks for doing what you do Colorado Yeti and sleep well in yoy Vanagon Isolation Chamber!

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

Well, Medtronic/ Covidian has a nice PR story to manage this morning

They bought Newport Science in 2013 and cancelled they low cost vent program citing insufficient profits.

Bad on them and the government for letting them out.
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

Colorado Yeti wrote:
Luckily, the colder it is, the better I sleep. Must be my Nordic blood. There is a reason I am called the Yeti.

Nice. Thank you and stay safe.
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

tjet wrote:
Can you plug in to the church? That alone would make it easier, especially if you need to keep your van warm.

Stay safe

I would certainly ask the pastor/minister/elder etc about that possibility.

Churches exist as tax free because they are (or should be) providing helpful generous services to the community.

I’d say this qualifies big time!!

(Don’t use this as a springboard to discuss the pros or cons of tax free status, that isn’t my point.)

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Colorado Yeti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

A genuine thank you for all of the kind & encouraging words. They are greatly appreciated. Catch y'all on the flip-side.
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

Just wondering if when we should start converting our Vanagon's & Westy's into maternity wards? What do you think is going to happen in 9 months with everybody staying at home! Laughing Laughing Laughing

djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

Steve M. wrote:
Just wondering if when we should start converting our Vanagon's & Westy's into maternity wards? What do you think is going to happen in 9 months with everybody staying at home! Laughing Laughing Laughing

A Soaring Divorce rate?

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
Steve M. wrote:

A Soaring Divorce rate?

If you want to buy a sailboat, go to Hawaiee or Fiji. After sailing off into their dream retirement after having to actually living together for 24/7 for days on end in a small space people find out what they don't have in common...

mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

I've been daily driving my van to work (ER). It puts a smile on my face every time, part of my self-care right now.

Does this count as a trip report?
tencentlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

Steve M. wrote:

Well if the food stores close, there might end up being a lot fewer children.

Please don't PM here, I will not reply.

Experience is kryptonite to doctrine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

tencentlife wrote:

There's logic here, but the reality doesn't lead to the conclusion.
Societies that have "food stores" actually suppress reproduction rates.

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
ledogboy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
Steve M. wrote:

A Soaring Divorce rate?

Ha! I was just yesterday thinking about how this sorta reminds me of the married version of long distance relationships I had in my younger days- basically they were one month relationships that became 6 month relationships due to distance. We're cramming a whole lotta marriage into one compressed timeframe right now...
Some people call him Maurice...
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

tencentlife wrote:
Steve M. wrote:

Im in conflict - PoisonWood Bible teaches us we spare the youngest to last, but cuisine guidance is the opposite.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
tencentlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
tencentlife wrote:
Steve M. wrote:

Im in conflict - PoisonWood Bible teaches us we spare the youngest to last, but cuisine guidance is the opposite.

Never read it, but as a former chef, I can tell you that just like potatoes, they're never as tender as when they're small.

Please don't PM here, I will not reply.

Experience is kryptonite to doctrine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Californio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

Social distancing
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
weisswurst
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

Steve M. wrote:

hope this is ok per moderators but it is a VW related pic since Dottie does several shows a year with our dog (buggies on the beach and lakeland VW classic now a few years)

funny statement for sure Steve! btw on a funny matter of maternity coincidence Dottie the pygmy goat who hung out in your syncro on your last visit to us and if you remember she found a brief moment of "Samba fame" here:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9063826&highlight=#9063826

Dottie just had her first baby yesterday and I am thinking of moving her to a non running vanagon for her maternity ward! Cool

Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

weisswurst wrote:

Dottie just had her first baby yesterday and I am thinking of moving her to a non running vanagon for her maternity ward! Cool

You're going to have a use for that "VW" branding iron after all! Shocked

Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

Steve M. wrote:

You're going to have a use for that "VW" branding iron after all! Shocked

LOL!!! Laughing
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Covid-19 Unexpected Time Off / You / A Vanagon Reply with quote

tencentlife wrote:
Abscate wrote:
tencentlife wrote:
Steve M. wrote:
Just wondering if when we should start converting our Vanagon's & Westy's into maternity wards? What do you think is going to happen in 9 months with everybody staying at home! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never read it, but as a former chef, I can tell you that just like potatoes, they're never as tender as when they're small.

And to think this guy had his plate yanked for expressing that sentiment.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 16

Jump to: