Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Full flow setup-most current info please?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Full flow setup-most current info please? Reply with quote

Can you remove them easily? Ugh...confused man.
They all have their strengths and weaknesses.
1776cc, CB crank, CB 2241 cam, CB light lifters, CB H-beam rods, CB light flywheel, Mahle forged pistons, A1 Sidewinder exhaust, Dellorto drla 40’s, Hoover modded case, fully balanced, fully flowed, heads by www.type-emotorsports.com, Air ride suspension by https://www.airkewld.com/?Click=3989
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Full flow setup-most current info please? Reply with quote

ekacpuc wrote:
67 Sunroof wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I used these and they always seep oil. Didn’t matter how much torque I put to them and I started lightly torqued.

This is all my stuff here. I installed it in 2012 on my new 1679. It's been leak free since install and has over 36,000 miles on it.
I just replaced the hoses during this winter upgrade....not because I had to but it was convenient to do it and I had new hose in the garage already. They are pretty close to the header and see pretty hot temps.
Here you can see the new hose.....gray instead of blue.....picked up a couple plug wire heat protectors at a swap meet to keep the header heat off them a bit.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The brass above the pump is a 90 degree NPT fitting with a steel NPT to JIC fitting installed. The brass part in the hose is a Push-loc to JIC swivel fitting so you can take it loose without having to turn the hose. I have on on each end of the hose. It makes it really easy to remove and replace the hoses and you don't have to loosen any NPT fitting this way.
These fittings are relatively cheap and available at any quality hose and fitting store. I picked mine up from my local "Industrial Supply" store. They carry an extensive supply of brake and hydraulic fittings and hoses.
It's really easy to make them. Cut with your favorite knife or hose cutter.....put a little silicone lube on.....push the hose onto the swivel fitting......I put it in a vice to hold the swivel. It's not real easy to push the hose on but it ain't coming off unless you cut it off. No clamps needed........ever!!!!

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Full flow setup-most current info please? Reply with quote

With the aeroquip socketless to AN fittings the hoses are easily removed at the AN connection. You cannot remove the hose from “socketless” end without cutting it off

For the other hose, any hydraulic hose shop can make them, just bring your measurements
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DrKamikazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Full flow setup-most current info please? Reply with quote

Our setup came from the PO with the push lock and just some basic type of hose. They were leaking like mad at every joint and those plastic rings at the base of the fittings that the hose pushes up to were rotted away. Best estimate from the PO on mileage was only 26k.

Went to socketless hose, and had no leaks after. Though we did have to cut a slit in the very end to get it to come off.

One thing I noticed is it wouldn't pull off, but I could get it to spin on the fitting when loosened, so I'm thinking about trying to rig up a fitting that will be permanently in the hose, and just unscrew from the engine side for easy and clean engine removal.
Ohio Tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Full flow setup-most current info please? Reply with quote

Push-lok hose tyically is rated for 250-300psi. 300deg F.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: