Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Porsche 944 axles and 944 CV's for Vanagons
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoolCampin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 944 axles and 944 CV's for Vanagons Reply with quote

tjet wrote:
CoolCampin wrote:
My question is what length bolts are you all using that have changed to 944 front inner on the Syncro and did you keep the spacer?

My second concern- Am I losing 2mm of axle play with the 2mm wider CV or will the axle still have enough play when the suspension is compressed...

Did you check the original axle movement (plunge) before pulling them? I went with his 930 kit, front and rear

No, I did not think to do that since I knew I was replacing with the 944 CVs'.
Betty's Felix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 944 axles and 944 CV's for Vanagons Reply with quote

It's been a while since someone has posted on here but I'll ask anyway. Has anyone tried or looked at Lindsey Racing 944 axle/cv?

https://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Porsche/LR-9442-MS-CVA.html
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 944 axles and 944 CV's for Vanagons Reply with quote

why in the hell would you need a $600 axle (Xs2) Think
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 944 axles and 944 CV's for Vanagons Reply with quote

Well maybe your wallet was too heavy? They're just trying to help you lighten your load.
RGS Paul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche 944 axles and 944 CV's for Vanagons Reply with quote

Betty's Felix wrote:
It's been a while since someone has posted on here but I'll ask anyway. Has anyone tried or looked at Lindsey Racing 944 axle/cv?

https://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Porsche/LR-9442-MS-CVA.html

That’s what I’ve been running since 2018. They are nice; exceptional quality boots, preassembled, well machined and there shafts were painted and looked very professional. The only issue I had was the high speed vents, essentially little plastic tubes allowing air into the boot as it articulates or heats up. My problem was water got in and trashed one or two joints. I should have worked harder to get these out when they were new but I didn’t want them breaking off in the boot such that I couldn’t get them out later.

I ordered a replacement but it seems to need a press to assemble to new joint to the old shaft, it slips in by gravity to the last ~0.5 mm but I can’t get the circlip on. If I’m perfectly honest I’m also not hugely impressed with the quality of the replacement joint, so I’m not sure I’d recommend these again. I can report back after a year or so once I find a shop or buddy with a press to help me assemble things.

When I put these on they seemed like nice alternative to 108 mm joints and the quality of full replacement axles in 2018 was pretty suspect. The splines on my stock axles were pretty rough so I needed new shafts. They also provided a good strength increase without the work of installing the larger 16” style joints.

Paul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: