Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What is this called? Seat lever hook? - (photo)
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
markeaton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: What is this called? Seat lever hook? - (photo) Reply with quote

Gents-

On my 1973 Standard Beetle .... The 1st photo is a hook of some type pictured on the passenger side seat. Looks like it works in conjunction with the seat rails to slide or adjust. Not sure.

The 2nd photo is the drivers side and you will see that "hook" is missing, yet a return spring is there (and missing on the pass side).

My question is what are these called? I need to order the hook and a spring, but do not know what to search for?

Thank you
-Mark

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this called? Seat lever hook? - (photo) Reply with quote

Call it a “late model seat adjustment arm”, and show the top photo.

You’ll need the arm, the spring, as well as the special clip.

The only way you’re going to get this stuff is from an OEM supplier.

If it were me, I’d put in a WTB, want to buy ad, in the Samba Classifieds, Parts, Bug, 1968 and up. Show the photo, tell them what you need, and wait.

I’ve seen them for sale a number of times in the Classifieds.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
markeaton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this called? Seat lever hook? - (photo) Reply with quote

Thank you Tim !!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bambergvr6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this called? Seat lever hook? - (photo) Reply with quote

There is one for sale in the classifieds. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2365782
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
markeaton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: What is this called? Seat lever hook? - (photo) Reply with quote

Thanks

I forgot to post that I did find one. A couple nice vendors here on the samba contacted me.
Ltcjc754
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this called? Seat lever hook? - (photo) Reply with quote

Here's a couple of pics that may help with your re-install.

I took pics, disassembled, cleaned, painted and re installed on my '75 SB. The clear plastic is a rubber center guide piece that installs from the bottom up (you'll see the hole in the driver's side rail). The black knobs are for the adjuster mounted on the trans hump. Hope this helps. Good luck
markeaton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this called? Seat lever hook? - (photo) Reply with quote

Very nice. Thanks for sharing that. Good angled photos.
Ltcjc754
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What is this called? Seat lever hook? - (photo) Reply with quote

Thanks, I need to make a correction on the center guide piece (rubber), it actually snaps in from the top, not up from the bottom. Cheers
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: