Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Spam through TheSamba classifieds?
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDIvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject: Spam through TheSamba classifieds? Reply with quote

I started receiving spam/sales emails this week (2 so far) from a company called Kaferlab. Since the email address I received this through is only used through TheSamba, I can only assume that they either figured out how to get email addresses through the classifieds or they contacted me from another email/screen name previously about a part I had for sale and decided to add me to their spam list without my consent. I have had no prior contact with this company. Is anyone else having the same problem?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Spam through TheSamba classifieds? Reply with quote

They emailed you directly, correct?
Not through the site?

I have not gotten any emails myself.

KaferLab is this account:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=472996

They have never emailed anyone through an ad on the site from the email on that account but Yes, they could have used something else and could have your email that way.

If they have classifieds alerts set up, they could be getting emails that way.
I checked and they have no alerts from that account at this time.

They could also gather them up from feedback threads but that would be very time consuming, unless they had some automated process.

If they are spamming tons of users I would like to know.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDIvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Spam through TheSamba classifieds? Reply with quote

Update- Kaferlab has continued to spam the hell out of me, I have 15 emails from them in my inbox now (got another one today). Has anyone else been having the same problem? It looks like they no longer have any ads on the site, though.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Spam through TheSamba classifieds? Reply with quote

I checked again and everything I said above still applies - They haven't emailed anyone through the site and have no alerts set up, at least on the account above.

The account above hasn't been used since 12/2019
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: