Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Summit Racing..... feeling the impact apparently
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Summit Racing..... feeling the impact apparently Reply with quote

We have a Koi pond with a pump filter that uses a couple of UV sterilizer lights. I went to reorder and they were out of stock at my normal supplier. Shopped around and found out nearly everyone was out. They are manufactured in Europe and all the distributors were waiting on shipments from overseas.
After a 6 week wait I finally got a notice they were shipped. I was told UV lights were being used to combat Covid-19.
I think the Koi are safe Laughing

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Summit Racing..... feeling the impact apparently Reply with quote

My luck continues. Decided to remodel the deck. Ordered new railings and railing brackets from Home Depot. They ship the railings but cancel the brackets needed to install them......
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Summit Racing..... feeling the impact apparently Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:
We have a Koi pond with a pump filter that uses a couple of UV sterilizer lights. I went to reorder and they were out of stock at my normal supplier. Shopped around and found out nearly everyone was out. They are manufactured in Europe and all the distributors were waiting on shipments from overseas.
After a 6 week wait I finally got a notice they were shipped. I was told UV lights were being used to combat Covid-19.
I think the Koi are safe Laughing

Yes....UV-C spectrum is typically used in water sterilizer UV lamps. It is also the "C" spectrum that works with covid 19....instead of the UV-A/B that works for normal bacteria. Yes....many of the UV tube and transformer manufacturers are very busy right now serving the booming sterilization device industry.

UV curing and UV sterilization are part of my industry. I have had lots of conference calls about the range and possibilities of these devices with my clients over the past 3 months.

There are also going to be other procurement problems coming up....get ready for it guys and gals.

You will not hear much of this in the news....yet.....but the industries I serve collect their own data.

We have data that so far between 35,000 and 40,000 2nd and 3rd tier companies as of two weeks ago across a wide range of industries from aerospace, to automotive, to electronics to consumer commodities...appliances etc.....are gone...never to return. The Fed and the GAO only stated abut 2.5 weeks ago that they saw about 10,000 insolvent companies....and they admitted that was low. Its only what they can "see"....whats been reported to them.

The important part is the 2nd and 3rd tier. These are companies you will never hear about. They make components, chemicals, substrates, springs, gears, bearings....small parts that go into larger sub-assemblies.

Right now you do not see shortages because the first tier manufacturers are burning off inventory. But....as that depletes and new orders pick up....there will be gaps. Things you cannot get.

If the main product is manufactured with an ISO process....unless they can source an exact copy part...they cannot sub in a new part without HUGE cost and process development time.

Its going to get ugly. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Summit Racing..... feeling the impact apparently Reply with quote

ISO will get a kick in the teeth and people will offer parts made to non ISO standards. In many ( not medical) industries these refs were just full employments acts for paper pushers rather than things of real value.

Quality will suffer, no doubt, but these times require setting aside things until the vaccine is here...24-36vmonths hence
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Summit Racing..... feeling the impact apparently Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
ISO will get a kick in the teeth and people will offer parts made to non ISO standards. In many ( not medical) industries these refs were just full employments acts for paper pushers rather than things of real value.

Quality will suffer, no doubt, but these times require setting aside things until the vaccine is here...24-36vmonths hence

Yes.....those companies that "can" set aside ISO process for specific product lines are already working on tbat (at least qmong my clients)....but primary auto producers, med device, general high end electronics like relays and switches that may or may not go into appliances, aerospace etc.....cannot do that.

You would be stunned at how many daily use products have parts like this and cannot switch to parts with and uncertified process due to everything from UL listings to insulation values for safety. Ray

Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Summit Racing..... feeling the impact apparently Reply with quote

I’ve been in the ultimate, copy exact , QC meeting with intel

Funny story. We had to change an expensive machine being deployed in their fabs because Intel discontinued chips in the product , and thus violated intel copy exact.

Wheel keep on turning.....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: