Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

WW Okrasa CSP linkage
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ntngman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject: WW Okrasa CSP linkage Reply with quote

Can someone post a top view close up pic of the CSP linkage. Appreciate your time.
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: WW Okrasa CSP linkage Reply with quote

Instead of starting another topic , I figured I’d just leave this here.

Anyone with the CSP linkage for the kit. Do you have an issue with the linkage arm rubbing the bottom of the generator? Is there a remedy for this?

Thanks

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vedderism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: WW Okrasa CSP linkage Reply with quote

I had the issue, check to see that pushrods are fully seated on the bellcranks ball heads.
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: WW Okrasa CSP linkage Reply with quote

6T5 square wrote:
Instead of starting another topic , I figured I’d just leave this here.

Anyone with the CSP linkage for the kit. Do you have an issue with the linkage arm rubbing the bottom of the generator? Is there a remedy for this?

Thanks

What engine? which CSP linkage, and what intake manifolds/ carburetors are you using?
There are a number of different kits offered
https://www.csp-shop.com/en/engine/fuel-system/carburetor-linkages/bellcrank-linkages/
If the intake manifold is too tall, sending the linkage under the generator might be out of the question. Hard to say without a little more info
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: WW Okrasa CSP linkage Reply with quote

esde wrote:

What engine? which CSP linkage, and what intake manifolds/ carburetors are you using?
There are a number of different kits offered
https://www.csp-shop.com/en/engine/fuel-system/carburetor-linkages/bellcrank-linkages/
If the intake manifold is too tall, sending the linkage under the generator might be out of the question. Hard to say without a little more info

Original 1200 36hp engine. I have had this kit since about 2010 so I would guess that it would be the original linkage kit. Running the carbs that came with the kit. Original manifolds that again , came with the kit

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr. Okrasa Premium Member
Original Old Speed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: WW Okrasa CSP linkage Reply with quote

Here you go.........

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

See my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/okrasa/

1959 VW Karmann Ghia Coupe / Bamboo-Green / Denzel 1300cc / OG. owner, paint Wink

Denzel engine running. See this link: https://youtu.be/DgUlsQDTXTE

VW www.Okrasa.com
356 www.PreA356.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: WW Okrasa CSP linkage Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the pictures Dan. The main difference I see is that I am running the balance tube behind the fan shroud. I never noticed but is one of the manifold pipes shorter than the other? That would make some sense because then if I flipped it around so the tube is in front of the shroud, the linkage would be a few mm lower and thus clear the generator.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: