Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Green flash coming to California? *update*
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
derv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew that was your intention Lind when you posted those pics in the other forum.

You even got the camera angle and tilt nearly perfect. You must have had a laptop with you or that picture printed out.

Quote:
Mr. Hido: To post your bare ass to virtually all hardened bus enthusiasts casts thick, a slag not easily ground smooth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derv wrote:
I knew that was your intention Lind when you posted those pics in the other forum.

You even got the camera angle and tilt nearly perfect. You must have had a laptop with you or that picture printed out.

actualy I photoshop'd it from the picture that I posted below it. I just tweaked it enough to somewhat match. I am not good enough with photoshop to replicate the glare from the sun though.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slow36hp
scott wimberley

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=426468&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
1957 dd kombi
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=186478&highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slow36hp wrote:

thanks for faking the funk. that looks good.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stories like this about Werner are the reason these cars are still around. Absolutely AMAZING.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
uberwagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently moved, and will have to dig around a little to find the tapes. I will try to have them converted to a youtube friendly format so that they can be enjoyed by all.

Catweazle, unfortunately there are not to many shots of Werner or his co-driver in these videos. ...And being old 8mm, there is unfortunatly no audio either. Most of it is scenery shot through the bus window while driving. Have you learned anything from your family about Werners life in Canada, and his many travels in his VWs?

...I'll see if I can dig up those movie reels...
kintail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: green flash coming to california?*update* Reply with quote

So where is Werner's '53 Deluxe aka "Green Flash" these days?

Scott
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Green flash coming to California? *update* Reply with quote

It was in New Jersey five or six years ago.

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
kintail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Green flash coming to California? *update* Reply with quote

Always wonder what happens when a nice project like this disappears.
1946vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Green flash coming to California? *update* Reply with quote

Flash was seen today
Bendango
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Green flash coming to California? *update* Reply with quote

Great

WANTED - [WTB] 55-62 Bus Thin Lip Package Tray SWR

Getting Used - SWR 60 westy copy built by vw ( apparently Rolling Eyes )
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=320866

Braukuche wrote:
Where did you find the elephant dick?
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Green flash coming to California? *update* Reply with quote

1946vw wrote:
Flash was seen today

Do you mean the “money green” deluxe or the flash? The money green is in Eugene I believe?
Mr. OGPaint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Green flash coming to California? *update* Reply with quote

Money Green is in Oregon right now, confirmed. Not the Green Flash
von_hansel Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Green flash coming to California? *update* Reply with quote

Money Green is getting stripped of paint in Eugene, and then headed to Bitchin Rides.....
Bendango
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Green flash coming to California? *update* Reply with quote

What is money green?

WANTED - [WTB] 55-62 Bus Thin Lip Package Tray SWR

Getting Used - SWR 60 westy copy built by vw ( apparently Rolling Eyes )
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=320866

Braukuche wrote:
Where did you find the elephant dick?
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Green flash coming to California? *update* Reply with quote

Money green was actually not a terrible rusty mess but every single panel on it was bent up bad. It was one of a few buses that came out of the large yard in Colorado. The prior owner told me he felt swindled. Lots of stories were told and as soon as it changed hands it was flipped.

wanted:
RHD Barndoor floor mat..reproduction is fine
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JonL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Green flash coming to California? *update* Reply with quote

so much wrong with the hearsay with the statements about money green.
NONE of the past 4 posts are true.
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Green flash coming to California? *update* Reply with quote

Sorry if you’re upset I just heard it from Roberts mouth into my ears...hearsay? Nope. Hurtfealioma? Maybe...

wanted:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JonL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Green flash coming to California? *update* Reply with quote

Um, ok? Upset? hardly-I don't know you or why the anger?

But since it was brought up, I will be happy to set the record straight since I was the one who bought the bus..

I bought it from Robert for his full asking price within 1 or 2K and I had it put in an enclosed trailer and sent it to my home in Colorado (so yes, I take exception to him being 'swindled', it was not cheap and I paid his price). I was building this for myself/family not to 'flip' as mentioned prior.
After I got it I found it had a TON of plastic in it, although it was extremely solid. I stripped it down, and found out it had so much that the panels were overworked so we replaced the nose, long and short panel, front cargo door and floors with KlassicFab-All done very correctly. I was then going to send it to the media blaster and start bodywork when I ran into Dave Kindig in Denver. He heard I had an early barndoor deluxe and he told me about his client that wanted one. Long story short, we worked out a price that I did not turn down, and his client bought it as-is in the middle of construction-the bus was never advertised. Everything I bought after for the bus went with it (6 leg middle, and other hard parts)
Daves guy picked it up and it went to Salt Lake, and it's being built as we speak.
I did talk to Dave last week and he said it was being built and off to be dipped.

I'm not here for drama, just to tell you what really happened. If Roberts upset, I didn't know that. I called and told him I sold it, he heard that from me.

Pics when I owned it-

gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Green flash coming to California? *update* Reply with quote

Settle down.... you assumed I was angry. I could care less. We don’t need to know someone to speak on something directly out of the horses mouth. I’ve known Robert 25 years.

So in short, based on your words now and your view the bus did change hands right after you bought it and in your eyes it was a clean deal. Great! What was told to me via Robert was it was flipped and he felt swindled. Those are his words...maybe misused maybe he should have sold it for more to not feel swindled? Idk? So my post originally is 100% accurate to the facts. Your side is your view. I just reported what I knew about the bus. I also said the bus was not rotten but very bent up.

So, in conclusion my original post was in fact 100% accurate...

wanted:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: