Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bring-A-Trailer Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

63k miles and already a dent in the slider
I think they came from the dealer with a dent in the dealer prep kit. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tobias Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Seems like someone got a fair deal on a really nice syncro at 41k
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Didn't sell, reserve not met.

Mark
WestyWanter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

I feel like a lot of these vehicles are worth what a buy is wanting to pay, to me a pristine original syncro like that is super cool but not worth as much to me as an already motor swapped with transmission issues fixed etc.
jmillsj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1980-volkswagen-vanagon-westfalia-5/

Only 20k miles on a 1980 air cooled camper.
ALIKA T3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

really clean aircooled, the paint job is a little cheap finish but at least they don`t hide it on the pics. At 12K now it is a great deal considering all the maintenance done recently.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=416343
Syncro http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4...num+gadget
vfour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Looks good... can't see any seam rust or rust around the windows on there. Hopefully not covered by the paint job?
covelo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

jmillsj wrote:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1980-volkswagen-vanagon-westfalia-5/

Only 20k miles on a 1980 air cooled camper.

That is almost exactly my bus. I am so jealous of the condition of the front seats. I hope that whoever buys it keeps it stock.

'72 Bay Window Westfalia (with 2L AVP engine and dual solex carbs) -- sold in 2009
covelo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

vfour wrote:
Looks good... can't see any seam rust or rust around the windows on there. Hopefully not covered by the paint job?

That's a good point. Mine does have noticeable (but not alarming) surface rust around most of the windows. Should be OK if they treated it well when repainting but that is a concern.

'72 Bay Window Westfalia (with 2L AVP engine and dual solex carbs) -- sold in 2009
covelo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

It went for $27,500! Shocked

I better go get a Club for mine now.

jmillsj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

And another one: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1985-volkswagen-vanagon-westfalia-9-2/
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

jmillsj wrote:
And another one: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1985-volkswagen-vanagon-westfalia-9-2/

"...the mechanic checked the power-steering rack and reported that it is no longer seeping" but they left the rack boot looking like that?
jmillsj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

campism wrote:
jmillsj wrote:

"...the mechanic checked the power-steering rack and reported that it is no longer seeping" but they left the rack boot looking like that?

Maybe the owner got overwhelmed. I remember putting together a parts and service list of all the items I needed to fix years ago. Probably around 2000 or 2001. It was daunting. Today most of the list has been addressed and the financial cost was indefensible, but it gets regular use and I’ll probably be buried in it.
jmillsj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

A tin top with a 1.8t: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1982-volkswagen-vanagon-2/

Looks like a lot of nice work went into this one. Shame they didn’t do a Subaru conversion. Smile
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

^^^ That's a nice looking van with a lot of work. Does anyone know BaT well enough to see what the winning bid from the previous deadbeat was?

Quote:
This is a re-list after the van previously sold on BaT in March 2020 and the winning bidder failed to follow through with their commitment to purchase. This was not due to any fault with the van. The winner has been banned from future participation on BaT and their buyer’s fee was not refunded.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

Here is a link to the previous auction.
That was a week that Covid really changed things so I'll cut the high bidder some slack without knowing any details.

"Sold For $10,750 On 3/25/20"

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1982-volkswagen-vanagon/

Mark

jimf909 wrote:
^^^ That's a nice looking van with a lot of work. Does anyone know BaT well enough to see what the winning bid from the previous deadbeat was?

Quote:
This is a re-list after the van previously sold on BaT in March 2020 and the winning bidder failed to follow through with their commitment to purchase. This was not due to any fault with the van. The winner has been banned from future participation on BaT and their buyer’s fee was not refunded.
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

A well-loved and well-used Syncro camper - it will be interesting to see where this ends up:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-volkswagen-vanagon-westfalia-synchro-3/
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

[quote="crazyvwvanman"]Here is a link to the previous auction.
That was a week that Covid really changed things so I'll cut the high bidder some slack without knowing any details.

"Sold For $10,750 On 3/25/20"

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1982-volkswagen-vanagon/

Mark

While the color or set up is not to my taste. Some one got them selves a real cheap SAH 1.8t conversion with a rebuilt Trans.
Pull the conversion and put your WBX back in it and probably get 5K back out of it.
Someone scored here.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

My guess is this van will sell for $32,500 but my guess is that's low...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-volkswagen-...Der-V5PZ4Q

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Bring-A-Trailer Vans Reply with quote

I think bring a trailer may need to change their name to "Comes with a Trailer" since they seem to be Boat re sellers now as well.
That Syncro is a nice start, that 2.5 will preclude it from being sold In California. Which is probably the largest market for such vehicles.
I especially like the stereo hanging out of the dash and the big holes in the door panel form the long gone Power Windows.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 30

Jump to: