Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Is The Samba participation on the decline since the “pandemic”?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Is The Samba participation on the decline since the “pandemic”? Reply with quote

Ha Ha Ha! That would elicit a Huge FU from me!

I don't let strangers use my tools. Only family and close friends use my tools. and some of them are questionable. Shocked

And I already have a set of junk seats that need work.

vwinnovator wrote:
in my experience and opinion, FB is becoming the new CL...

Little follow through, no shows, and lots of low ballers thinking they are at a flea market.

IF a asking price is listed and someone offers 1/2 that amount, I generally ask them if they are going to go to their job and work for half their pay..

If I was looking for 1/2 the price, I would list it at 1/2 the price.

Funniest one I've has so far was a guy who wanted to buy some nice seats I had.
His offer was to buy mine ONLY if I would sell for 1/2 the price AND buy his torn up seats in the exchange, ALONG WITH allowing him to use my shop and tools to change out the seats!!!

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Is The Samba participation on the decline since the “pandemic”? Reply with quote

i have seen people rip other people up about the color of their paint, the rims they chose, etc on Facebook. Alot!
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Iowa Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Is The Samba participation on the decline since the “pandemic”? Reply with quote

obus wrote:
i have seen people rip other people up about the color of their paint, the rims they chose, etc on Facebook. Alot!

People! They're the worst!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Is The Samba participation on the decline since the “pandemic”? Reply with quote

They are excellent with FAVA beans and a nice Chianti
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Is The Samba participation on the decline since the “pandemic”? Reply with quote

Iowa Mark wrote:
obus wrote:

People! They're the worst!

They are just being themselves. It gets worse some people would prepare food for you without washing their hands or fart in a common area, cheat you, steal from you.

Last Thursday I placed an add To sell my Toyota truck on autotrader.com great it’s easy and fast. Within 20 minutes I had a bite. We agreed on price later that evening 10pm he texted saying he was 500 dollars short and would that be a problem? I blocked that asshole but others followed some offering 2000 less than asking price. Monday a local man showed interest and it was one of the easiest transactions I’ve ever made. Not everyone is an A hole. I got my price 😀 He got a decent truck. Don’t give up on people.
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Is The Samba participation on the decline since the “pandemic”? Reply with quote

Still staying tuned to TheSamba no matter what Popcorn

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Is The Samba participation on the decline since the “pandemic”? Reply with quote

No problem at All as long as its still available when you find another $500 $750
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Is The Samba participation on the decline since the “pandemic”? Reply with quote

obus wrote:

I’ve seen the same thing happen here too. But only once.

I don’t exist on Facebook or any other sites like that. And I guess that’s on me. But with most of the other websites I used to visit disappearing and dying off in favour of Facebook, I’m glad I can still come here and hang out with people I like. And other types of people too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: