Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

jlarrey wrote:
Hi Luís,
I ordered a sound absorber mats and a strips sets time ago. Please, could you comfirm I am still in the list?
Thank you

Hello JA,

Yes, you are in the lists.

I am working in fulfilling all sound absorbers pending orders in the near future, I'll post an update shortly.

Luis
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

SOUND ABSORBERS NEWS

Dear members,

As you know, ALL the mats orders are up to date!
Regarding the sound absorbers, there are Back Orders to fulfill.
After recent new orders, today I placed the order for the rubber materials I need!
Those materials will be drop-shipped to the WATER-JET shop in Massachusetts in about two weeks. The water-jet shop has a production time of 2-3 weeks.
In about 4-5 weeks ALL SOUND ABSORBER ORDERS WILL BE FULFILLED !!!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

As you know, in order to place an order for the water jet shop, I need a minimum of 15 sets. It took a few months for that to be the case. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A SET NOW, THIS IS THE TIME TO PLACE YOUR ORDER, SO IT CAN BE INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCTION BATCH. I can increase the materials order only in the next few days.

After this batch, it would take months before another Sound Absorber set order can be produced!

Place your order at the website www.lowlightwerks.com
Use coupon NEWYEAR5 for a 5% discount!
Please send me a PM if you have any questions.

Thank you ALL for your patience.

LUIS
Trylon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Exciting news Luis!

Thanks for pushing ahead with all this!
1973 Volkswagen Bus
1970 MGB-GT
1962 Oldsmobile Jetfire

More tomfoolery on
The Karmann Ghia Fever YouTube Channel!
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

This weekend's Stay at Home™ project....remove the old TMI carpet and install the Low Light Werks sound absorber and 8 piece mat set.

It's a very nice product...thanks again for all of your efforts, Luis!

Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Nice upgrade Pete!

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

ALL ORDERS FULFILLED!!!!

Dear Karmann Ghia collectors,

Today I finished shipping all pending orders on both websites!

I was up to date with the rubber mats a few weeks ago, but there were some Sound Absorber under mat sets pending, now every order has been fulfilled*!

* There is one box that is ready, but I haven't got the address confirmation, this is for Kenneth Swayne in the UK. Please contact me with a private message if you know him or can help me get in touch with him. Thank you!

Luis
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

ONE SET LEFT!

As you know, it took a few months for having enough orders to make a Sound Absorber mats production going.
There is only one complete 6-pieces set available, this is the prototype I initially made. Please send me a PM if you want it. First come, first serve!

Luis
Trylon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Thanks for persevering through all this Luis!

I hope your reward was worth your effort.
1973 Volkswagen Bus
1970 MGB-GT
1962 Oldsmobile Jetfire

More tomfoolery on

Last edited by Trylon on Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

I hope you keep producing mats Luis.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Wow a marathon effort Luis, I don't think any of us fully appreciate how much effort went into making this happen. Congratulations and thank you very much. Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

I have a RHD Ghia so I can't benefit from Luis' efforts, but it would be remiss of me if I didn't recognise his special contribution to the Ghia community.

American enterprise, ingenuity and service, at their best.
VeloMikey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

lajs57 wrote:

FIXING STRIPS

Due to lack of response when I announced the possibility to make the Lateral Fixing Strip pair, that hold the Front Bulkhead Mat side edges, the production order was never authorized. Everything was ready at the metal fabrication shop, as I supplied detail drawings and received a quotation, but I did not give the green light to proceed. I will try one more time:

IF there are at least 25 orders placed in the next two weeks, I will make 50 sets. They would be like the original ones, with a new look, perfect to show up your Low Light Werks mat set!

VW Part Number: 141 863 137 ( x 2 ) and screw N 11 461 1 ( x 8 )

Precision Sheet Metal Fabrication, made from an original part, powder-coated in original Beige color.

Before placing an order, please post in this forum your intention te get a set @ $47 (includes 2 strips).

Let see how this goes! A decision to have them available will be made in two weeks!

Luis

Hi Luis,

I received my Sound Absorber set.

Where do we stand on the fixing strips? Are we close? Can you post a pic of what they actually look like?

Thanks!

Ghia Build Thread https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768748
Trylon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

VeloMikey wrote:
lajs57 wrote:

FIXING STRIPS

Due to lack of response when I announced the possibility to make the Lateral Fixing Strip pair, that hold the Front Bulkhead Mat side edges, the production order was never authorized. Everything was ready at the metal fabrication shop, as I supplied detail drawings and received a quotation, but I did not give the green light to proceed. I will try one more time:

IF there are at least 25 orders placed in the next two weeks, I will make 50 sets. They would be like the original ones, with a new look, perfect to show up your Low Light Werks mat set!

Precision Sheet Metal Fabrication, made from an original part, powder-coated in original Beige color.

Before placing an order, please post in this forum your intention te get a set @ $47 (includes 2 strips).

Let see how this goes! A decision to have them available will be made in two weeks!

Luis

Hi Luis,

I received my Sound Absorber set.

Where do we stand on the fixing strips? Are we close? Can you post a pic of what they actually look like?

Thanks!

Perhaps if those interested were willing to pay more, Luis? Might that tip it?
1973 Volkswagen Bus
1970 MGB-GT
1962 Oldsmobile Jetfire

More tomfoolery on
Keenan57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

lajs57 wrote:
ALL ORDERS FULFILLED!!!!

Dear Karmann Ghia collectors,

Today I finished shipping all pending orders on both websites!

* There is one box that is ready, but I haven't got the address confirmation, this is for Kenneth Swayne in the UK. Please contact me with a private message if you know him or can help me get in touch with him. Thank you!

PM sent re address confirmation.
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Hi Kenneth,

I received your PM, you will get your set soon!

Luis
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

FIXING STRIPS

Kenneth and few others are asking for the status of the project of making them.

Here is what I posted a few months ago:

Due to lack of response when I announced the possibility to make the Lateral Fixing Strip pair, that hold the Front Bulkhead Mat side edges, the production order was never authorized. Everything was ready at the metal fabrication shop, as I supplied detailed drawings and received a quotation, but I did not give the green light to proceed. I will try one more time:

Luis

I will try one more time!

Please post your request here or send me a PM if you want a SET.
I will then post the number of requests and the options we have.

Thank you,

Luis
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Count me in for a set of the strips.
Trylon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Not sure if you want to hear from those who have already expressed interest but I would like a set as well.
1973 Volkswagen Bus
1970 MGB-GT
1962 Oldsmobile Jetfire

More tomfoolery on
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Trylon wrote:
Not sure if you want to hear from those who have already expressed interest but I would like a set as well.

Yes, please let me know AGAIN.

Thanks!

Luis
VeloMikey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWLIGHT FLOOR MATS... THE SOLUTION! Reply with quote

Count me in again. We only need 22 more!

Ghia Build Thread https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768748
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
Jump to:
Page 49 of 51

Jump to: