Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Are Jaycee pushrod tubes still the best?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Are Jaycee pushrod tubes still the best? Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
bugguy1967 wrote:
andreas5bmw wrote:
Jaycee pushrod tubes are the best,,,,never had any problems,,,,,and one thing everyone forgot is that Jaycee is the original on these pushrod tubes,,,,everyone else copied Jaycee design because they can not think out of the box,,,,lol

Oh yeah? Jaycee insides: half had heavy scarring. Spoke with others that confirmed the same. Prior to EMPI takeover.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I wonder if they were repackaged empi tubes....like so many other companies do with "their products"

Note the last sentence: I've had these unopened for a few years.
stevecul8er
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Are Jaycee pushrod tubes still the best? Reply with quote

Picked up a set today😠. What is this? Useable- no leaks?

MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pupjoint wrote:
what about stainless steel pushrod tubes, i have seen them somewhere but never use them. anybody used on a stock stroke motor before?
Yes, and I love them! I'd have to look up what brand but I think they're all similar. They have the extended tube for the case side also.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ohio Tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Are Jaycee pushrod tubes still the best? Reply with quote

I have used JayCee for many years. Sometimes they need polished on the ID if the die-lines are bad.
Not so much lately thou. They seem to have gotten past that issue.

My new favorite is CB Perf version.
They use regular seals (not tiny O-rings). They have a nice big flange you can grip with your bare hands to install easily.

Also, I have found that the Autozone Sparkplug boot puller works great at installing spring loaded tubes. NO more scraped knuckles.
terryly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Are Jaycee pushrod tubes still the best? Reply with quote

got a pic or link to that boot puller i have a set of Jaycee tubes in a bag
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
terryly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Are Jaycee pushrod tubes still the best? Reply with quote

Like the look and idea of the CB ones and stock robust seals. Thanks Ohio Tom.
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Are Jaycee pushrod tubes still the best? Reply with quote

Has anyone tried something like this to install their spring loaded pushrod tubes? You can see that the spring diameter is adjustable with the side thumb screws and then you turn the T-handle to compress and release the spring. It's pretty cheap if you are hurting from trying to compress them by hand.
Ohio Tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Are Jaycee pushrod tubes still the best? Reply with quote

Autozone seems to be down right now.

But here is a link to what I'm talking about.

https://www.amazon.com/MAG-MATE-PLS100-Angle-Spark...&psc=1
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Are Jaycee pushrod tubes still the best? Reply with quote

honestly I fo not think these need any where neer the spring pressure that they have, I think a good idea is to put them on a lathe and cut the tube to let the spring go farther down to lesson the spring pressure some, especially with the narrow engines. and always lube the seal & seal seat ( not the ID of the seal!) the lube lets it slide into the proper position and seal. dry they tend to have traction, not get into position and leek.I always lube and check with good bright led falshlight for leeks.no light leeks is usualy no oil leeks.
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Are Jaycee pushrod tubes still the best? Reply with quote

I like the FastFab tubes, inside is smooth and no leaks
pupjoint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Are Jaycee pushrod tubes still the best? Reply with quote

CSP ones are nice too
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Are Jaycee pushrod tubes still the best? Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
always lube the seal & seal seat ( not the ID of the seal!).

Just curious, but why not the inside diameter too?

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: