Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

36hp okrasa on a bus, my first impressions
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 36hp okrasa on a bus, my first impressions Reply with quote

Dan, you got a point with low static cr. Didnt think of that because I would personally have corrected it. With that in mind there can be some idea in decreasing the venturi size to 22 mm or istall a PBIC venturi booster.

WRT the broken fuel inlet. I guess its time to search the classifieds for a donor carb if it canīt be fixed with Durafix or epoxy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Homeresque
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: 36hp okrasa on a bus, my first impressions Reply with quote

perello wrote:
While assembling back I screwed this bad

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If someone knows where I can source a spare please message me Sad

I think I saw Stoddard was selling new carb tops...don't know if they were old German stock or the WW Brazilian ones.
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 36hp okrasa on a bus, my first impressions Reply with quote

Maybe Silver solder it and clamp it hot then remove the clamp and run a tap in and then on the thread don't tighten it too much seal it with something like jb-weld. Should look good if done right. Be bad though if the work let go. Not sure what those carbs are made out of they probably melt real easy. I wouldn't use Copper fuel lines on it either. Solid lines will probably crack it again.
perello
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: 36hp okrasa on a bus, my first impressions Reply with quote

just got my 22 venturis

still waiting the replacement cover to arrive

just checked that

Emulsion tube - s / 10 instead of 23
perello
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: 36hp okrasa on a bus, my first impressions Reply with quote

back to business

started the engine for a while and looks at idle runs higher than before. But well I wait to make some miles before ...
perello
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: 36hp okrasa on a bus, my first impressions Reply with quote

after hundreds of miles run, I wanted to bring an update on 22mm venturis

Overall the engine behavior suits much better the nature of a RGB bus. Acceleration is
very easy now, and I have more torque at low revs, which is something I really like.

My guess is that this smaller venturis also match better an standard exhaust, If I would replace it with a performance type probably things would differ.

I might have lost peak speed, but the bus cruises now easily at 55 mph fully loaded, and uphill at 45mph without hesitation....

hope this helps
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 36hp okrasa on a bus, my first impressions Reply with quote

Good to hear, One other thought is maybe you should check some basics. Like fuel pressure and float levels too. If somethings off with that then it's back to the drawing board though!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: