Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
clarkare
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Nice photograph, that is a great colour, what year is the car?
moogie32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

clarkare wrote:

Thanks! It's a early 1963 (Aug 9 '62) - color is Pacific Blue L398. I need to work on the hood fit - the new gasket pushes it up too much!
Doch leider musst du von uns gehn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

moogie32 wrote:
clarkare wrote:

Thanks! It's a early 1963 (Aug 9 '62) - color is Pacific Blue L398. I need to work on the hood fit - the new gasket pushes it up too much!

I've been admiring your Ghia for a while. I had the same problem with the rubber under the front hood but solved it by buying the softer rubber gasket from Rudiger Huber in Germany.
moogie32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

kiwighia68 wrote:
moogie32 wrote:
clarkare wrote:

I've been admiring your Ghia for a while. I had the same problem with the rubber under the front hood but solved it by buying the softer rubber gasket from Rudiger Huber in Germany.

Thanks for the tip, Chris- I am not familiar with Rudiger Huber- do they advertise in the classifieds? I've been admiring Emiko for a while as well! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

moogie32 wrote:
kiwighia68 wrote:
moogie32 wrote:
clarkare wrote:

Thanks for the tip, Chris- I am not familiar with Rudiger Huber- do they advertise in the classifieds? I've been admiring Emiko for a while as well! :)

Rudi is at https://www.vintagecarparts.de. His Ghia parts are top quality.

As an aside: I ordered parts fr Emiko from Germany which arrived in New Zealand as promised 2 weeks ago, but the local DHL sent the parcel back because they were not allowed to deliver "big parcels" during the lockdown. Now that parcel has to come back halfway around the world a second time. Good grief!
moogie32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

kiwighia68 wrote:
I had the same problem with the rubber under the front hood but solved it by buying the softer rubber gasket from Rudiger Huber in Germany.
Thanks for the tip, Chris- I am not familiar with Rudiger Huber- do they advertise in the classifieds? I've been admiring Emiko for a while as well! Smile

Rudi is at https://www.vintagecarparts.de. His Ghia parts are top quality.

As an aside: I ordered parts fr Emiko from Germany which arrived in New Zealand as promised 2 weeks ago, but the local DHL sent the parcel back because they were not allowed to deliver "big parcels" during the lockdown. Now that parcel has to come back halfway around the world a second time. Good grief!

Thanks so much for this, Chris - what a wonderful resource! Unbelievable that a package would make it that far only to be turned away. Why, I wonder, does size have anything to do with it? Hope you get your parts soon! Diane
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Me and my dog ‘Safford’ El Paso, TX
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Somehow exactly how I pictured you Sir, being a musician and owning that "Patina" Ghia, awesome pic. I love the filter you use, really enhances the gritty look of the Ghia and your dog of course!! Very Happy

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
clarkare
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

moogie32 wrote:
clarkare wrote:

I also experienced this problem with a new bonnet (hood) rubber seal but it did eventually settle to be a good fit ......mind you Pete t,he wizard who restored the bodywork and interior of my car spent ages ensuring a good fit

61karmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Here I am in the Aussie country side with my Ghia on a cold cloudy day.

Nicholas
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
moogie32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

sputnick60 wrote:

Nicholas

I love your Ghia, Nicholas- that top turned out great!
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

sputnick60 wrote:

Nicholas

So that's what you really look like?

The beard had me fooled.

PS. The fight against entropy requires that you shave regularly. Just saying.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Removing the beard...removed 5 years. Looking good!!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Evil_Fiz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

It's me... It's the Ghia... but it's not me with the Ghia Embarassed

-----
Emil

See my build on TheSamba at:
The K_R_A_K_E_N_N : a 70 Ghia Convertible reinterpreted
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sinclair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

I know it's low but it is actually parked in a hole here. Courtesy of John Moxon Photographic Studios.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

sinclair wrote:
I know it's low but it is actually parked in a hole here. Courtesy of John Moxon Photographic Studios.

Yeah I was a bit concerned when I saw you take a left off the tarmac. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Me (seated) with my former '59 Westy at Bulli Brigade in St. Petersburg, FL a couple years ago.

-Kent

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rsellen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

Here is me the day I picked up my 74...happy as a clam. Still smilin, even though Carmen is currently without an engine.
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: The faces of the Ghia Forum. Who are you? Reply with quote

I love the idea of this thread!

A shot of me from 2013 (I still look pretty much the same, maybe imagine another wrinkle or two) and imagine the Ghia parked just in front (yeah, it's a seven car garage) of the the rear end of that blue Double-Cab.

Here is a shot taken after a snowfall in 2009 in Missouri of my 1970 Karmann Ghia Coupe that I bought in my late "teens" off of a Volkswagen used car lot way, way back in 1974. The car also looks pretty much the same today too. She has seven other VW brothers and sister at our home.

It is nice to put faces to the forum avatar names!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: