Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2568, 2569, 2570 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Did it find a flipper or same seller with new user name. As the old user relisted it over and over as a new ad.

Edit: new user posted on here and deleted it already. .

I can't quote it as he deleted it. I'll just tell you what he said. He said something about buying the gerson side panel costing $900 shipped and to not whine about the bus because it is better than other busses in the $5000 range.

I believe him saying that may give credit to my calling this user out as the old user with a new name. This new user sure knows about and how see the comments in this forum.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2396233

It’s back...for more. Guess it eventually did find a flipper, I mean buyer.

Same seller, he was banned due to the massive amount of reposts and let's say "unacceptable response" to my requests to do so.
Banned again.

If you see it again under a new username, please report it immediately.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2395983

about 3-4 times the value and its a baywindow thing, splits never came with them.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2395983

about 3-4 times the value and its a baywindow thing, splits never came with them.

The last two of those I got people just gave them to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

is it just me or does something looks wrong about the front emblem/nose area of this single cab? is that a bay emblem? Or is it just a chrome split one sitting too low?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2396880
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

obus wrote:
is that a bay emblem?

My vote is with your ^^^ post.
Could be an original size one shrunk and drug down from a covid mask.
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

obus wrote:
is it just me or does something looks wrong about the front emblem/nose area of this single cab? is that a bay emblem? Or is it just a chrome split one sitting too low?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2396880

It's the smaller sized bay window deluxe chrome emblem and it's mounted too low.
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Good lord! Look at the back side of the PS gate. What does the rest of the bus look like from the back side? Looks like 10# of walnuts in a 5# bag.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2397279
At least put something on the back side of the gate, fer cryin’ out loud.

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Last edited by cru62 on Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

cru62 wrote:
Good lord! Look at the back side of the PS gate. What does the rest of the bus look like from the back side. Looks like 10# of walnuts in a 5# bag.
At least put something on the back side of the gate, fer cryin’ outl oud.

At least you can see how much filler was used on the gates Very Happy

My favorite part is the bottom of the V on the nose..if you're going to sculpt it out of Bondo, at least get the shape right!!
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

oakman wrote:
cru62 wrote:
Good lord! Look at the back side of the PS gate. What does the rest of the bus look like from the back side. Looks like 10# of walnuts in a 5# bag.
At least put something on the back side of the gate, fer cryin’ outl oud.

At least you can see how much filler was used on the gates Very Happy

My favorite part is the bottom of the V on the nose..if you're going to sculpt it out of Bondo, at least get the shape right!!

Are those gates brazilian?
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I wish theyd stop bringing that SA crap up here...poor folks that are buying that stuff.. Cool

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

^^ nice of them to post the export code of Uruguay confirming what we already suspected of where the DC started off life..
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

...and what the hell are those three front-to-back tubes on the passenger 1/2 side of the undercarriage? Those funky "Karmann" gates are the first thing I would have removed. Rear bench seat metal stand is from where? What is "German" (in the ad title) about this DC? Pointed front bumper on a 1962? Front and rear bench seat backrests are from what? Quite a few wacko items for a "German" DC. Almost certainly a Brazilian vehicle perhaps purposefully mis-represented as a "German" produced DC. It is not.

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Ad
NOS mango (!!) bus Westfalia so23 hubcap Price: EUR 100
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2397533

I was not aware that any Mango-era Bus had a color-matched hubcap?
Nice hubcap but I think someone painted that...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Ad

Looks like an early pressed hubcap, could be a Ghia or convertible, would like to see what color that is.

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Long-roofs wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Ad

Looks like an early pressed hubcap, could be a Ghia or convertible, would like to see what color that is.

Good idea, I used to have a set of Blue hubcaps a long time ago from an early Ghia.
Going from memory I thought they were Trout Blue.
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
...and what the hell are those three front-to-back tubes on the passenger 1/2 side of the undercarriage? Those funky "Karmann" gates are the first thing I would have removed. Rear bench seat metal stand is from where? What is "German" (in the ad title) about this DC? Pointed front bumper on a 1962? Front and rear bench seat backrests are from what? Quite a few wacko items for a "German" DC. Almost certainly a Brazilian vehicle perhaps purposefully mis-represented as a "German" produced DC. It is not.

Bill

Hi Bill,

This double cab is certainly a shit show, but it is German built. The double cab body style was never built down there as a split window. They did start building them in SA during the bay window years. Built in Germany and then exported to Uruguay as per the M code plate. I spoke with a importer who imports these things and he told me split window double cabs were never built at the Brazil factory.
Busted-bolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Those tubes running lengthwise on that double cab were probably
from an earlier aborted Subaru conversion done in the past Cool
TheVintageVw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2397659

Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
...and what the hell are those three front-to-back tubes on the passenger 1/2 side of the undercarriage?

Bill

Ducting to protect air conditioning or supplementary heater pipes?

Dusty conditions stuff?

It looks like there's also a duct-type entrance in to or through the bed support rails at top left in this picture...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2568, 2569, 2570 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2569 of 2710

Jump to: