Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Three piece windshield rust repair
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ledogboy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject: Three piece windshield rust repair Reply with quote

Hey all-

I picked up the three piece windshield rust repair set from Van Cafe (https://www.vancafe.com/9557260-p/9557260.htm) to deal with some holes on the lower frame of my windshield. I had wanted to tackle the repair with cuts from a donor vehicle, but it was just taking too long to source. Before Covid, I had next to no bodywork experience. I have been working on the van to keep myself sane as everything else goes to hell, and have tackled stuff I never would have imagined. I replaced the passenger rear quarter panel (with a huge assist from the benplace website), used a stud welder to pull some dents and filled and sanded to make the repair pretty. I also picked up a 240v MiG welder and have been practicing on a ton of sheet metal scrap that I have lying around from a metal roof install.

Anyways, I am just curious if any of you have used this product to repair windshield rust and if you have any tips. Getting the body line to match up seems like it could be a bit of a challenge, but I’m guessing once I get my hands dirty, it will all make sense. I just always have to over-research everything... Wink

Cheers,
Ryan
Some people call him Maurice...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: