Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Adventures in hitchhiking
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Adventures in hitchhiking Reply with quote

The first story was a few years ago when I was 12. Me and my parents were headed out to our cabin. We got behind two motorcycles. We were going into a corner and the lady completely wiped out. She was super freaked out. It was one of her first rides by her self without her husband on the bike, he was in front. So she got in the car with me and my mom and my dad rode the motorcycle back to the couples house. My mom and the lady were talking and she said your voice sound familiar, are you Pam? My mom said yeah, how did you know, the lady said she used to be my moms dentist years ago. It was a funny and weird coincidence. The motorcycles forks were bent up and the bike was pretty scratched up, she got a few scratches to but was okay.

The second story happened a year ago, and wasn’t great. So my mom had picked me up from school since I couldn’t drive yet and we were about to our house, we live in the middle of the woods and there was a lady running down the road flailing her arms right ahead of our driveway. So we stopped and she asked us for a ride and seemed really desperate. She had nothing but a pack of cigarettes and reeked of them too and was pretty rough looking. She said she came up from Detroit to meet this guy she met online and they got in a fight and he took her car keys , wallet and phone. But she said she had a friend nearby so we start driving her to where she thinks it is and eventually we find it and she gets out. But what she said was complete BS. My mom looked her up, she lives right near us, she is actually married to the guy she said she just met. She actually runs the drug house across from our house. She also has a really sweet dog that she tried to sell to another drug dealer. There are plenty of other details but it turned out she was a lying low life drug dealer. The drug house I think finally got busted a few days ago so that’s good. There are so many things that went on over at it that were so sketchy and sad, I could have a whole thread of stories on it alone.
“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Adventures in hitchhiking Reply with quote

I use to hitchhike all the time in the late 70's. Did that to get up to the mountains for the weekend camping. The longest time was from Eureka to San Jose, then to Yosemite, then to San Diego. The best part was it only took two rides and two days to get to Yosemite and one day two rides from Yosemite to San Diego. I picked up people all the time when I had a car, until I got married. Then times changed.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Adventures in hitchhiking Reply with quote

where i go to school, if you try to "hitch hike", your either gonna get caped in the head, thrown into a sex dungeon, or end up as dog fighting bait. unless, you stay where the busy traffic is. freeway, down town. just dont get caught walking down the smaller streets. a friend of a friend of mine witnessed some dude beating this girl a few blocks down from the local hang out place? idk what it is exactly but it used to be an old gas station. i think its a very small convenance store but i always see people hanging out there smoking cigars. anyways, he tried breaking up the fight but ended up with bullets in his head. very sad. at his funeral, his family couldnt afford a proper barriel and they had to break his feet to get him to fit inside the coffin because they ordered the wrong one.

a girl i used to know was kidnapped riding her bike home. guess her parents never told her to say NO when some weird ass creep offers you candy. she was found, i think theres a publication or a news article about it. this was in the manatee county fl, lakewood ranch. didnt think much of it then, it was like 6th grade and it just seemed like the norm. or more like, "hey! did you you here about that girl who got kidnapped from our own campus? oh wait, this shit happens like every other day, whatever. i guess no one really cares." hitchhiking may of been a thing to do back in the day, but unless your a grown man with a gerber in one pocket and a revolver in the other, it seems to risky. but then again, wtf would a 12yr old girl be doing hitchhiking alone ya know?
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Adventures in hitchhiking Reply with quote

Off topic but I just wanted to say some folks try to write in the style of Hemingway, some would imitate Shakespeare but you have managed to nail a perfect Mark Tucker complete with a few spelling errors. I am Truly impressed.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Adventures in hitchhiking Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Off topic but I just wanted to say some folks try to write in the style of Hemingway, some would imitate Shakespeare but you have managed to nail a perfect Mark Tucker complete with a few spelling errors. I am Truly impressed.

I was thinking the same thing, not quite enough respells, but a damn good effort overall!!, not many can match Mark's unique gift, nice try Razz .

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: