Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: coolrydes
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 04, 2024
Jon@TCD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

Ummmm project was at a standstill because we didnt have the gearbox so we couldnt get the engine mounted. You kept telling me the welder was having a hard time, thats when you realized you BS'd the wrong guy because I told you how to do it. Im sure you remember that, I also told you which welder to buy and why. Then you disappeared and avoided me for quite a long time until I told my story on this very forum. You got right back to me then didnt you? I posted at 6AM and you called about 3PM. Speaking of the gearbox, just now we discovered your "mods" to put a clutch pivot ball in the case distorted the ID of the bore for the bearing collar. Am I surprised? Nope. Did these "mods" have to be done, Nope. A little research goes a long way and gives a much better product.
jdeford3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

So.... A little too much drama for me on this thread. On a positive note, are there any other vendors that offer front and rear suspension upgrades besides Coolrydes/Mendeola? Any of the buggy guys?
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

jdeford3 wrote:
So.... A little too much drama for me on this thread. On a positive note, are there any other vendors that offer front and rear suspension upgrades besides Coolrydes/Mendeola? Any of the buggy guys?

yes..

red9

eyeball engineering

and several others...

as well as most shops that build chassis'

I have 2 of these set-ups at my shop currently that customers had purchased directly. Sorting out little odds and ends, but that's generally expected from anything purchased as production items "out of the box" these days.

I truly hope that we do not encounter any of the spindle issues a previous posted had encountered, as one of the customers purchased the full brake set up as well.
coolrydes Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

Hello, Paul

Please contact us this week and discus what issues you are having with our suspension packages. I would like to help sort out any issues. I am always looking for feed back.

As far as the spindles please send us photos of the spindles you have. We did have 4 total spindles have problems out of over 320 on the roads. Two of them bent the upper ball joint stay due to the wrong offset spindles. These were first generation spindles and we changed the upper ball joint stay to correct the issue. The other two failed due to high speed impacts. One a 50mph smack into a curb at a race track.

I am always looking to put the best product possible and have recently added another option to the spindle end of things. We now have adapters to use stock spindles without losing much performance. It does bring the front up 1 inch as our spindles are 1.1 inch drop. So the front springs will have to be adjusted down a little more to get to our recommended ride height

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jon@TCD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

Make that 6 spindles, the caliper brackets were not square with the spindle on the ones we got, still haven't figured out why the rack isn't centered in the chassis either....
roger10101
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

Is the item in discussion still available? I was looking into buying the rear sway bar kit. Actually I wanted to drive to the location and purchase to avoid these issues. Let me know. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coolrydes Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

Hello, Roger

You are more then welcome to come to my shop anytime. I wish people that would post when they have a good experience, then just when they have a bitch to post. If you guys could only understand both sides of the story.

I've stood the test of time and continue to take good care of my customers. The funny part about Jon, is when he and his customer need more help because they bought the wrong wheels, I was still willing to help out. All I asked is that he posted a positive reply and show that I was still willing to help out even after his rants. He declined as it would have meant he had to post the truth. I have a clear conscience. I am more then willing to go the extra mile and have made a name building quality parts.

I always try and do the right thing by all my clients.

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jon@TCD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

Wow Kevin, still spouting BS. As I stated in our original conversation I HAVE NEVER WORKED ON A VW AND I AM LOOKING FOR YOUR EXPERTISE. You sent us standard width front suspension knowing what we were building. After waiting WAY too long for parts, given bogus information, having to modify WAY too many parts, we finally got the project off to the body shop months late because of how bad you dicked us around. Then it comes back for assembly. We would need a wheel with a couple inches more backspacing than the actual width of the wheel. I told my customer and again he was not surprised. We told him prior to body work but he said just get it there so I don't lose my spot. The owner contacted you and you said you would sell the parts if I made a public apology. He then decided he did not want to give you a penny because of your business practices and lack of quality. We then made our own arms to correct the issue. We did not buy the wrong wheels as you stated. Just more of your BS. If you want an apology here goes. Kevin, I am sorry I ever found you, I am sorry I sent you $16.862 up front then had to wait months to get any parts that would not have showed up if I didn't start these posts. I am sorry my customer had to pay us to correct several parts, I am sorry I took your advice on several things. I am also sorry for anyone in the past and future that gets the coolrydes run around that seems to be your way of doing business. You are always the victim. The best part is you told my customer you want to press charges against me. Every thing I described in all my statements is true, we have lots of pictures, all phone calls were documented, all the unreturned messages are documented, and a quick internet search about you confirms this. Its people like you that give the trade a bad name. Jon
3 Fold VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

Kevin,
You out there? Has anyone heard from Kevin? Trying to order and exchange a part. Anyone else having difficulty? Thanks.
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

Sounds familiar. Happened to me too.
From my experience, you will get a response. Just be patient.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KidGhia2020
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

Familiar....Patient ?!?...what does that mean? @jeffery8164...what was your experience with this vendor? Here’s mine...ordered an aluminum 23.8mm master cylinder on 7/21/20 and paid in full via PayPay. The tracking number was sent to me on7/22/20 with PayPay stating “It just shipped!” and “Priority Mail service (1-3 days) with insured “yes” noted. So upon receiving this notice, I checked it out. The USPS tracking site stated “July 22,2020 at 1:16 pm, Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item, San Diego, CA.” So I go on with ordering other items from other sellers and repeating my same inquiries. Well, 3 business days later on 7/27/20 (I excluded Saturday even though my postal carrier still delivers) I checked my mail and negative results! I looked up the tracking number again and it HASN’T CHANGED from my first investigation. I emailed ZAGAR, KEVIN @ COOLRYDES the same day at 09:00am and I received a response via cell phone of “I will look into it and find out what happened.” Well with that response from ZAGAR, I too began to look into what could of happened. I looked up the USPS protocols for lost/missing shipments as well as PayPal’s. From what I’ve understood was it’s all about filing and processing claims/investigations falling under 180 days. So if things aren’t taken care of ASAP then I lose my money and get no product!?!?I also called COOLRYDES and left a voicemail on 8/03/20 at 4:30pm stating ZAGAR to call me “AT ANY TIME” to address this issue. So as of this post, I have not received my product nor a response from ZAGAR.
Prior to myself reading the other posts in ZAGAR’s feedback forum, I was willing to give ZAGAR the benefit of the doubt that my issue isn’t his fault. But it seems I maybe wrong. Poor customer service in that I have to wait for him or the Post Office to figure out what happened to my purchase!?! Whatever the problem may be on his end is of no concern to me as a customer, ZAGAR received my money (my bank account has the cost withdrawn)so why shouldn’t I have my item??
As I mentioned before about buying from other vendors, I actually received their items using the SAME shipping service...USPS! They were also from further locations ranging from KAUAi, HI (MAHALO! @choptop-Paul), SPRINGFIELD, OR (THANKS @vwcrazyz-Zack), and BUTLER, NJ (BIG THANKS @ rob4-Rob). AND ALL were responding to my email inquiring along with choptop prepping for Hurricane DOUGLAS got an added sale to me...all within four shipping days with an impending HURRICANE?!? This alone makes me biased of NOT totally blaming the USPS and the blame falling back onto the seller.
So now I am waiting to see what happens next.
What I see as acceptable resolutions are these:
1. Seller files a claim but resends another ordered item as purchased- I.e. takes care of the customer and offers an apology/explanation.
2. Seller refunds the purchase cost to the buyer and lose a customer.-I.e.gets negative sales review and other customers read review that may buy elsewhere.
3. Seller resends the ordered item and offers a minimum 15% discount on a possible future purchase.
Side note: If the items are back ordered then says so with a tentative reasonable restock date. If retail is overwhelming then a different choice of occupation should be considered.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

KidGhia2020 wrote:
The USPS tracking site stated “July 22,2020 at 1:16 pm, Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item, San Diego, CA.”

I can't speak to all situations but if it says this for a while, my first guess would be they haven't actually shipped it.

For instance, I sold something yesterday, printed out the label last night.
Last night it said:
August 2, 2020, 5:19 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
<City, state, zip code>

I dropped it off today and it already says:
August 3, 2020, 2:15 pm
USPS in possession of item
<City, state, zip code>

and

August 3, 2020, 4:23 pm
Departed Post Office
<City, state, zip code>
Your item has left our acceptance facility and is in transit to a sorting facility on August 3, 2020 at 4:23 pm in <City, state, zip code>
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
3 Fold VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

Kevin made contact with me and is helping me out. No issues to report. Thanks Kevin!
KidGhia2020
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

Okay, that’s reasonable even two or three days is understandable BUT over eight days is inexcusable. I mean he received my money via PayPal and created the label the next day. But why the need to hold out on sending out the item? If for example, I went to your hypothetical garage, asked you to fix my car, and you do, I then show up and drive away with only my word that I’ll pay you for the repairs when I get paid. Does that sound reasonably fair? Well now as of this reply, I no longer wish to continue conducting business with COOLRYDES. I would also wish Samba’s headline not only said “Ads are free! Buy and sell at your own risk” but add research the seller’s/vendor’s feedback BEFORE conducting any transactions. Unfortunately, due to ZAGAR’s poor business skills, I decided to not spend any more of my money into COOLRYDES “Signature Pedal” assembly as I previously wanted to. I did some research and discovered PEDAL WERKS was a more reputable business...and what a surprise I didn’t see a negative review nor shipping excuse for his product/services! Thanks
coolrydes Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

Kidghia,

We have been having a lot of problems with shipping. I said I would send a replacement, however when I asked my guys to send a replacement, they said we were out of stock due to a higher then normal amount of sales during this virus. I then returned your call and said I can either give you a full refund, or I can send another one with in the next week or so when we have more of them finished.

At this point, I have simply refunded your money due to not hearing back from you, and your post on here. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. Thank you for giving CoolRydes Customs a chance to have your business, sorry it turned out this way.

Payment refunded to Anibal Iglesias
August 5, 2020 at 9:58:56 AM PDTTransaction ID: 6X062089EG181250W
Payment Status: COMPLETED

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
coolrydes Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
KidGhia2020 wrote:
The USPS tracking site stated “July 22,2020 at 1:16 pm, Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item, San Diego, CA.”

I can't speak to all situations but if it says this for a while, my first guess would be they haven't actually shipped it.

For instance, I sold something yesterday, printed out the label last night.
Last night it said:
August 2, 2020, 5:19 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
<City, state, zip code>

I dropped it off today and it already says:
August 3, 2020, 2:15 pm
USPS in possession of item
<City, state, zip code>

and

August 3, 2020, 4:23 pm
Departed Post Office
<City, state, zip code>
Your item has left our acceptance facility and is in transit to a sorting facility on August 3, 2020 at 4:23 pm in <City, state, zip code>

Everett, I think it is poor judgement you post your opinion on items like this. I work hard to take care of people. I am a small business owner and have been posting at least 6 feature adds per month for over 7 years giving you well over $15,000 dollars to support The Samba and the people that view it. I'm sure I am a small fish in the large pond of people giving you money to advertise.
When you choose to post stuff up here and become part of a problem, seams very unfair to me. You are giving an opinion on half the story, you do not have all the facts, nor do you see all of the positive responses I have had from thousands of customers that do not post stuff up in buyer seller feedback.

I have never taken anyone's money and not given them what they paid for, I have always made things right. There are people on here that have slammed my name and I have posted responses to all of them, they continue to bash me, yet you do nothing. Is there a problem you have with me personally? I would like to know, as I am your customer and have spent thousands of dollars with you, and this is the support I receive in return?

I am not a thief and I do my best to build high quality parts. I have even made offers that I know others would never make to try and help customers that are un-happy, yet that seems to never reflect in your comments.

I would like to know where I stand?

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

It's nothing personal against you.

I was only explaining what I have seen in regards to USPS shipping updates when shipping my own items and experience with buying and selling a lot of parts over many years.

It was a reply I could make in anyone's thread if they asked about USPS shipping/tracking web site updates.
If someone asked something similar in the future, I would cut & paste that same text above to save time, if I remembered where it was located.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
allanbem
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Reply with quote

I’m having similar problems as others. I ordered bumper brackets Nov.21/20 from Coolrydes. I then emailed and phoned Nov.26/20(no answer). Kevin then emailed me Nov.30 and said the parts would be shipped the next day. It’s now Dec.7/20 and I emailed and phoned again(no answer). Maybe it’s time to put in a claim with PayPal. Any advice?
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

CALL THEM
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
allanbem
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

I have CALLED THEM. They don’t answer their phone.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: