Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ragtop corner supports for headliner
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chick Iverson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Ragtop corner supports for headliner Reply with quote

I have a ‘58 with a grafted ragtop. The corner supports were not retained and my headliner installer said they are needed for the headliner to fit properly. Does anyone know where I can buy the supports or can someone send me pics of how they fit. Or maybe even measurements of them? I am ready to have the headliner installed but am stuck. Thanks in advance!
Chick Iverson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Ragtop corner supports for headliner Reply with quote

HELP!!! I need a good picture or measurements of the sunroof corner supports for a 2 fold.....ANYONE???
TinCanFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Ragtop corner supports for headliner Reply with quote

Random pics from my gallery of my Dec 57

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

They're never really ever finished 58 rag build...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=658092
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TinCanFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Ragtop corner supports for headliner Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chick Iverson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Ragtop corner supports for headliner Reply with quote

Thank You, I really appreciate it! I have been searching for a few months, I guess I will have to fabricate some! 🍻
TinCanFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ragtop corner supports for headliner Reply with quote

Chick Iverson wrote:
Thank You, I really appreciate it! I have been searching for a few months, I guess I will have to fabricate some! 🍻

No problem. Not sure if that center one above the mirror is needed for the headliner?

jimdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Ragtop corner supports for headliner Reply with quote

I just wrote a well worded reply, but once again this gd site timed out and made me log back in, thus erasing everything I typed.

Anyway, some headliners come with corner pieces sewn in. If yours did and they are still there (or you can sew something back in) you may be better off without the braces, the corner pieces should hold the headliner in the corners. Otherwise (with braces) you will have to cut out the corner pieces and attach the corners with glue which I discovered is not easy to do neatly as a novice.

Also the braces are not easy, maybe even impossible to install with the roof in place.

Last edited by jimdubs on Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chick Iverson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Ragtop corner supports for headliner Reply with quote

Thanks, my headliner installer, who is a VW guy, said they are needed. I am going to fabricate some and have them spot welded in. They look fairly easy to make....🤞
jimdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Ragtop corner supports for headliner Reply with quote

Well if you insist! Here are some pics I took, showing how they were originally spot welded to the lip in the blind area, unreachable with the roof in place, and another of their general shape once removed. I cut off the original flap that was spot welded in order to remove them.

Hope these help

Chick Iverson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Ragtop corner supports for headliner Reply with quote

Thank you so much!!! Now to make some!
Chick Iverson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Ragtop corner supports for headliner Reply with quote

Jimdubs, do you want to sell them?
jimdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ragtop corner supports for headliner Reply with quote

Sorry, I took those pics as I did my rag graft, then I welded them in. Makes me wonder though, since some people leave them out, there maybe someone with a set . . . ??
EMPIImp69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Ragtop corner supports for headliner Reply with quote

Chick Iverson wrote:
Jimdubs, do you want to sell them?

Contact Burgundy Ron on here ([email protected]). I bet he has some.
Chick Iverson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Ragtop corner supports for headliner Reply with quote

Thanks, I will!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: