Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2578, 2579, 2580 ... 2706, 2707, 2708  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Graysvws wrote:
I’m an admitted flipper myself due to the fact I can’t afford to keep them all 😂. But I do get irked when I see dreamers or those trying to rip others off. I passed on this bucket for 9k locally from the first “flipper” that originally had it listed. Complete frame is shot on both sides, roof is toast and it gets worse from there. And 25k??? It’ll only take 125k to make this a nice 60k dollar bus. Basically a vin number is all that’s usable on this one

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2403641

At least it is priced above the general foolish dreamer affordability level. Anyone with $25k, and no good sense has usually already been separated from their money long ago.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
FarmerBill wrote:
Erik G wrote:
EverettB wrote:
chris henry wrote:
EverettB wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2402113

1966 Double Cab
Interesting because it's left hand drive and left hand rear cargo door.

My whine:
He doesn't show a pic of the most interesting thing about the truck, the left hand side rear door!
Right side spoiler
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

there is a picture of the door in his gallery. seems like a good deal at 18k. Is that the right price?

True

$18K sounds good but I'd want to check it out in person or get a ton more photos to be sure of the condition

He deleted the ad so maybe it sold?

this whole thing was weird. it was sold on eBay and then listed (relisted?) here immediately afterwards. Sent a message here and got a weird quick response of "Yeah I'm selling on the ebay anymore "

so something is wrong, I'm not dealing with that

I got a random message from this guy a few days ago that just said " I got this one dialed in cheerio " I've never contacted this user before. Bizzare

There have been some reports of weird/possibly abusive messages from this user.
If anyone else has got anything in appropriate, please contact me directly.

this one is on eBay again, went a little over 19 last time, was 14ish until the last minute if I remember right
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

The fit, finish, and attention to detail is stunning. Never again will you see deluxe trim so effortlessly contour a bus' nose and beltline, or such precision placement of the Beetle blinkers, which is obviously the mark of a highly skilled, expert craftsman. Potential buyers can expect the same level of care to be found throughout this fine machine. Liar

https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/SCT/546/1958-Volkswagen-Samba-23-Window-Bus
teahead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

PeteSC wrote:
The fit, finish, and attention to detail is stunning. Never again will you see deluxe trim so effortlessly contour a bus' nose and beltline, or such precision placement of the Beetle blinkers, which is obviously the mark of a highly skilled, expert craftsman. Potential buyers can expect the same level of care to be found throughout this fine machine. Liar

I'm assuming that's some reproduction Deluxe trim. I can't imagine OEM being that far off on its contours.

teahead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Gotta love that rust hole there.

Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

PeteSC wrote:

Indeed!
See - through distributor cap!

Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

teahead wrote:

That isn't a rust hole, that is some unintentional arc welding by means of a positive battery cable. It happens when the rubber grommet is missing and the cable wears through the insulation and grounds out on the body. I have seen it several times.

Interestingly, I own a bus that is 36 buses later than this one.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

PeteSC wrote:

Wow. What a turd. looks like I "restored" it
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

norcalmike wrote:
PeteSC wrote:

Wow. What a turd. looks like I "restored" it

It's a real hot mess. For the record, $168.5K asking.
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
teahead wrote:

That isn't a rust hole, that is some unintentional arc welding by means of a positive battery cable. It happens when the rubber grommet is missing and the cable wears through the insulation and grounds out on the body. I have seen it several times.

So is there a poor, legit '58 23w buried in this mess? I see it actually has belly pans, and appears to be spots of SWR under that black undercoating stuff in the engine bay.

Check out the marker pen holding the door open: Laughing Laughing Laughing

Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

PeteSC wrote:
Lind wrote:
teahead wrote:

So is there a poor, legit '58 23w buried in this mess? I see it actually has belly pans, and appears to be spots of SWR under that black undercoating stuff in the engine bay.

Check out the marker pen holding the door open: Laughing Laughing Laughing

It does appear to be based on an original deluxe. That said, once a car is dolled up to this degree, a clone might have been a more solid base to start with. There is not much originality left.

flipper door handle buses don't have door stays.

Anyone considering this bus should RUN AWAY. It is not worth owning at half the asking price.
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2404962

4- Fair Condition. Runs and drives okay...Minimal rust. The good news is that the new owner can use the space where the engine traditionally is placed for extra storage.
teahead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

gondiwindi wrote:

4- Fair Condition. Runs and drives okay...Minimal rust. The good news is that the new owner can use the space where the engine traditionally is placed for extra storage.

Looks like it was either at the bottom of a lake, or in the forest for 40 years.
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

teahead wrote:
gondiwindi wrote:

Looks like it was either at the bottom of a lake, or in the forest for 40 years.

I think it's called "Florida".

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

gondiwindi wrote:

I love how the hook line is "original paint"
seriously? Rolling Eyes
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

gondiwindi wrote:

How long before the cyclops light is added?

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Okie Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

^^^ Laughing Laughing Laughing
62 Single Cab
66 21window
67 so42
76 Westy
64 Karmann Ghia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

PeteSC wrote:

They sure had some parts left over when they rebuilt the slider assemblies.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

teahead wrote:
PeteSC wrote:

I'm assuming that's some reproduction Deluxe trim. I can't imagine OEM being that far off on its contours.

Lol. Or taping off that bondo filled nose skin made that nose trim tell on him.
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Interior ad from today:

Complete set original seats for 59-61 deluxe bus
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2405845

I feel like this ad is a test of VW Bus knowledge...

What's wrong with this ad?
Hint: There are multiple things
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2578, 2579, 2580 ... 2706, 2707, 2708  Next
Jump to:
Page 2579 of 2708

Jump to: