Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My van was stolen in Germany
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kfumer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject: My van was stolen in Germany Reply with quote

Hey all, I come with terrible news. My van was stolen last Friday over night on a residential street in the city of Erfurt, Germany.
I understand that this is probably not the place to post, but I'm looking for any suggestions or resources of how to help locate it.
I went straight to the police and filed a police report. However the police seemed resigned to the fact that, yup, nice vans do get stolen. Nothing we can do unless it gets stopped for a traffic violation, or receives a parking ticket...
It was locked, had a bar on the steering wheel and was parked in a well lit street.
Unfortunately because I have been travelling around Europe in it, my wallet, passport, clothes etc were all taken too.
So I'm asking if anyone knows of any app, program, private service that can help with such things?
Apparently car thief gangs target older valuable vehicles and steal them to ship to Eastern Euro countries where they are resold.
To make matters worse, my insurance was only basic and therefore the theft is not covered.
So if anyone has any type of suggestion, I would love to hear it.
Thanks so much and wish me luck!

It is a 1989 VW T3 Joker, JX 1.6, pop top without any other exterior mods

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: My van was stolen in Germany Reply with quote

I would start contacting local VW clubs and put the word out with them. Every country seems to have a club.

Good luck. I hope you get it back.

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: My van was stolen in Germany Reply with quote

Oh man that is terrible. I hope you get it back before they get it out of the country.
fabiolou5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: My van was stolen in Germany Reply with quote

You might want to post it to the german bulliforum in the "auf der Fahndungsliste" section which is a section for searching stolen vans and parts.
I hope you find the bus quickly!
ZsZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: My van was stolen in Germany Reply with quote

share in german/european Facebook Groups, german forums like bulliforum.com.

You can try messaging ports which manage car transport overseas the data of the car.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: