Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Tone Dog - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Tone Dog
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 18, 2024
Spaceman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Tone Dog - [email protected] Reply with quote

G'day, This seller misrepresents parts he is selling! He abuses the term NOS completely. I paid him $250 for a Type 3 radio he listed as NOS and when it arrived it was clearly used and not NOS! When I questioned him about it he got belligerent and told me that the ad clearly stated it was "almost" NOS! I tried to get a copy the ad text but he had deleted it so I asked Everett for a copy which supplied. After I sent him the copy he offered to refund the cost of the radio but not the shipping to Australia which was $45 and I had to send the radio back to him which would have been another $45! Besides I may be dumb but I'm not stupid, there was NO WAY I would trust this guy to send me a refund after he got the radio! I did a search for other radios like this on Samba and found two, one at $75 and one at $95. I offered him $150 for his. He came back noting his was nicer but would refund me $50. It is intresting that his radio went from NOS to Almost NOS to NICER! At any rate I decided to cut my losses and accept the $50 refund. Caveat Emptor!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, 10 May 2006 11:52 AM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: RE: Type III NOS Radio

Tony,

The radio arrived today and I am not a happy camper. THERE IS NO WAY THIS IS A NOS RADIO!

1) the outside is covered in dust / dirt
2) there are witness marks from where an antenna was plugged into the socket
3) there are witness marks from where the speaker connections were plugged in
4) the fuse holder is broken
5) the black paint has worn off the face of the mounting plate under the knobs
6) there are witness marks where the screws held the mounting plate to the bottom of the dash

The ball is in your court!

Rob

Sent: Wednesday, 10 May 2006 2:10 PM
To: Rob Mueller

ball is in my court WAT DA FUK that mean. On the add it clearly stated almost Nos . Yes the radio may have been dusty or a peel here and there. What do you expect from a 67 radio. NOt anywhere in the add did I state its never been used. People like you are the kinds of cats that I cant stand. Wow- there is a mark in the antenna hole. Oh my god. Let me clean that hole foor you. Witness marks?? Unbelievable..

Sent: Wednesday, 10 May 2006 6:13 PM
Subject: Type III NOS Radio

Tony,

The ball is in your court means I noted that the radio was not NOS as it was advertised; submitted a list of items to support that statement, and expected you to respond; which you did so now the ball is now in my court!

I do not appreciate people using foul language in emails to me, our kids use our computer and they don’t need to be exposed to that kind of thing.

I have pasted the front page of the ad below and as you can see it states “Nos 67 . . . . ” it does NOT state “ALMOST Nos”. The ad has been deleted so I can’t verify what was stated in the ad body. I can tell you that had I read in the ad that the radio was “almost Nos” there is no way I would have paid you $250.00 for it. I do seem to remember that there was a statement noting something along the lines of “did I mention that it is NOS”. At any rate I have contacted Everett Barnes and asked if he can resurrect the ad so we can see what was stated.

It might be that your definition of the term NOS differs from mine (and the rest of the sellers on Samba); to me it means New Old Stock. In over 40 years of dealing with used car parts I have never come across the term Almost NOS. NOS is a finite term; an item is either New or it is not! An item is either NOS or USED.

The list of items I noted supported my statement that the radio was not NOS. I get the feeling that you do not know what witness marks are, so I will explain that term. When the screws were tightened to hold the mounting bracket on to the bottom of the dashboard they cut into the bracket leaving marks; when the speaker leads were pushed into the leads on the speaker they were scratched, and when the antenna lead connector was pushed into the socket it scratched the socket leaving a mark. Those marks are called witness marks.

I have difficulty with people like you too, writing deceptive ads to misrepresent things that they are selling! Your ad should have been titled “Used 67 only . . . .” as it clearly is not NOS which you now have admitted!

By the way I have noted that you have another radio listed now as Almost Nos maybe you’ve got them confused!

Rob
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:28 AM

Everett,

As you can I questioned the fact that this seller called the radio NOS and
listed a number of points contradicting that fact. His response was foul and
abusive. Unfortunately the ad has been deleted but would it be possible to
resurrect it so I can verify what he says? As you can see in the title of
the ad he calls it "Nos".

This is the first time I have had a problem buying something on Samba and was wondering what my recourses were.

I appreciate you taking your time to address this for me.

Regards,
Rob
Sent: Thursday, 11 May 2006 1:26 AM
Subject: Re: Type III NOS Radio

Here is the description from the ad:
======================
Nos 67 only Fastback, Squareback, notch - $250.00

Nos 67 only radio fastback , squareback , and notchback. All original
perfect NOs cond. Pricey but very hard to find in Nos cond. Did I mention
its Nos. Just in case YES its NOS.
======================

That radio is clearly not NOS. NOS radios don't come with a Type 3 mounting bracket and would come in a box with instructions, hardware, and a speaker. I have seen many NOS radios. I think he was trying to say it's in perfect condition so I'm not sure why he used NOS so many times.

Everett Barnes

Sent: Thursday, 11 May 2006 7:38 AM
Subject: FW: Type III NOS Radio

Tony,

I have copied the body of the ad from Everett Barnes (Site creator / administrator).

As you can see you stated that it was Nos SIX TIMES!!!

As you can see no where is it noted "On the add it clearly stated almost Nos".

At this point in time I have established that the radio is NOT NOS (confirmed by your own admission) and that you clearly misrepresented the condition of the radio.

Having said all of the above I will allow you to rectify the situation before I take further action.

I await your proposal as to how we resolve this issue.

Rob
Sent: Thursday, 11 May 2006 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: FW: Type III NOS Radio

Rob Im willing to refund you the cost of the radio. As for shipping I cant refund you that. I need for you to ship it back to me for refund

Sent: Thursday, 11 May 2006 5:07 PM
Subject: RE: FW: Type III NOS Radio

Tony,

It cost me $45.80 for you to ship it to me (6 lbs) and I checked the cost to air mail 6 lbs back to the USA and it is $58 AUD which converts to $44.96 USD. That totals $90.76 that I will have to swallow to get a refund! I’m sorry but I don’t think that’s fair and equitable.

I note that you have the following radios currently advertised:

1) Vw bug 72 Blaupunkt am radio Almost Nos for $120.00
2) Saphire 1 By Bendix for $100.00

I am willing to pay you the higher of the two for this radio.

Rob
Sent: Saturday, 13 May 2006 11:37 AM

Fair to you not to me. I am asking $250 for that particular radio you have as its much rarer and nicer than the one here. I can do $200 for the radio and refund you $50..
Sent: Saturday, 13 May 2006 4:04 PM

Tony,

Below you will find two ads for the same radio that you have sold to me:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=269207 = $75.00 – Ad placed January 26, 2006

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=288551 = $95.00 – Ad placed March 11, 2006

I saw these two ads along with yours, the only reason I paid you $250 for yours was because you listed it as NOS. Had your ad described your radio accurately I would have bought one of these two and saved myself $175 or $155 respectively!

I’d say this addresses the rarity affecting the cost of this particular model of radio. I’d say that all I’d have to do to make them all equally nice is to:

1) clean the dust off the housing
2) remove the knobs and mounting plate
3) clean and polish the knobs
4) clean and polish the mounting plate
5) repaint the center of the mounting plate black

My final offer is $150 for the radio I have in my possession.

Rob
Sent: Saturday, 20 May 2006 11:04 AM
Subject: Type III NOS Radio

Tony,

One week has passed and I have not received any refund for the radio. From where I sit this could mean one of three things:

1) you did not receive this message
2) you responded and I did not receive your response
3) you are ignoring my messages

I suspect it is probably number 3), however, I will give you one last chance to do the right thing on this deal and send me a refund as requested.

If I do not receive a Pay Pal refund of $100 within 48 hours I will assume you do not intend to provide one and will follow Everett Barnes instructions regarding posting a message on Samba and request he ban you from selling as you leave me no choice!

Rob
Sent: Sunday, 21 May 2006 2:22 PM
Subject: Re: Type III NOS Radio

Dont know what youre talking about because I emailed you saying that the price of the radio is decided by me the owner. I was asking $250 for the radio in nos like cond. Yes it is not nos, very close to it though. But anyways I ended up saying in my last email that I would lower my asking price of the radio to $200. Therefore I would refund you $50 and thats it. You'll never buy from me again. So you can go away like you said in one of your emails. Let me know. Thanks..

Sent: Monday, 22 May 2006 9:09 AM

Tony,

Pay pal $50.00 to [email protected] and I’ll go away!

Rob

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of [email protected]
Sent: Monday, 22 May 2006 2:18 PM
To: Robert Mueller
Subject: RE: Refund 67 Vw radio

Dear Robert Mueller,

Tony Mier just sent you money with PayPal.

Tony Mier is a Verified buyer.

-----------------------------------
Payment Details

Amount: $50.00 USD

Transaction ID: 78K27676G09008541

Subject: RE: Refund 67 Vw radio

Note: Here you go Rob..

Tony Mier's UNCONFIRMED Address

Tony Mier
Santa Ana, CA 92703
United States
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reviewing this seller's ads, this seller has a bad habit of overusing the term NOS. The radio was clearly not NOS in the ad.

He often has items that are listed as the wrong year and application, for instance seats.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tone Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Yeah stay away from this jerk. Always misrepresenting stuff and stuff.
Spaceman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Further emails from Mr. Meir - good for a laugh! Reply with quote

G'day, here's the final email exchange between Mr. Meir and myself!

Sent: Tuesday, 23 May 2006 11:58 AM

Tony,

You might want to check out the Buyer & Seller Feedback Forum on Samba.

Have a nice day! Wink

Rob

Sent: Wednesday, 24 May 2006 3:47 AM

Thanks, a man of your word for sure huh biatch.

Sent: Tuesday, 24 May 2006 10:26 AM

Tony,

Now that’s a laugh, you talking about being “a man of your word”!

As they say “Payback’s a bitch!”

Rob

Ps – you might want to consider learning how to spell!

Sent: Wednesday, 24 May 2006 12:23 PM

Yea ,sure ok. Go away.
NavyGeneral Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Tone Dog - [email protected] Reply with quote

Tone Dog inquired about an item I had listed on Samba. He decided to purchase and inquired how to pay. I forwarded my PayPal address-he courteously inquired if the address was indeed correct. Thanks to Tone Dog's close observation of the address, some probably embarrassment was alleviated-and thusly-I sent the correct address. In all dealings with Tone D, he was Very Courteous and Quite Professional. Fast Payment and Nice Professionalism is greatly appreciated and is not the norm on many Transactions. ThanksVeryMuch Tony.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWTechBob Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Tone Dog - [email protected] Reply with quote

Tony responded to my ad for bus muffler kit complete just about a minute or two after I placed it. Everything went smooth, paid promptly with PayPal, and the muffler is on its way.

Thanks again Tony, for your business. Smile

VW TECH-BOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: