Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Truck Fridge Cooling Fan Runs Constantly
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject: Truck Fridge Cooling Fan Runs Constantly Reply with quote

I just had a Truck Fridge TF49 installed and the cooling fan will not shut off. It runs constantly even when the fridge is turned completely off. Hours later it is still running. Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot the problem?

Last edited by Maine on Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Syncronoid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Truck Fridge Cooling Fan Runs Constantly Reply with quote

Sounds like perhaps some faulty circuitry.
metropoj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Truck Fridge Cooling Fan Runs Constantly Reply with quote

The back of the controller board has a spot for a 12V LED connection.

It will flash certain codes to tell you where a fault may lie.

Look up Truckfridge fault codes and it will explain somewhere how to hook up the LED and what the resultant flashes mean.
fxr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Truck Fridge Cooling Fan Runs Constantly Reply with quote

Whoever installed it must have modified the wiring. The fan is directly controlled by the thermostat so there should be no power to it when the thermostat is off, and it should run all the time the thermostat is on.
kage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Truck Fridge Cooling Fan Runs Constantly Reply with quote

I just had some problem with mine that I think was from the freezer box being bent up and touching the cooling coils. I'm not sure if the thermostat sensor was touching too, but I bent the box back down and it seems to have fixed it.
It's tempting to fill the freezer box a little too full. My model is the Tf49.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: