Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Did my wife discover the perfect paint remover?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Internet searches tell me it may be discontinued but I found a posting that said Dawn Grill Cleaner is the same stuff under a new name.

I don't know where you saw $80/bottle though, you can buy a case of 6 of it from Amazon.com (old stock?) for $72.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
moab762
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must have been case prices I was seeing.

So at $9.37 a bottle is there anything else that is cheaper? And just as good?

Here it is for $9.37 a bottle:

http://www.cleanitsupply.com/p-59032/dawn-dish-pow...fgod1bMAMg
moab762
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJMarkham wrote:
i used a stuff you get by the Gallon at wal mart. Its called Super Clean. It comes in a purple jug, and it works! And one of the things that I like its biodegradeable... I used it on the pan of my 57, and it not only degreased it but took it to bare metal... I will try to dig up pics... It loosened the paint up to the point where i washed it off with a garden hose...

From an earlier post in this thread. It's still sold at Walmart. For like $7 a gallon. And sounds promising. I'd really prefer to use something biodegradable on the inside of my car (pans etc.).
Abelclasico
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Did my wife discover the perfect paint remover? Reply with quote

This is an old thread but.......I got very good results removing old factory paint by using Citrostrip and covering the part over night. It removes everything and leaves a very smooth surface for repainting,
cheers,
Abel

PS: Now, if anybody has any information where to find Dawn Power Dissolver, please, share
Evil_Fiz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Did my wife discover the perfect paint remover? Reply with quote

Abelclasico wrote:
...PS: Now, if anybody has any information where to find Dawn Power Dissolver, please, share
It looks like P&G stopped making it in 2014
https://pgconsumersupport.secure.force.com/Carehub...andListDiv

But on Amazon.com you can find a product with a similar name. It's a bit pricier and may not be the same.
Procter & Gamble 56037 32 Fl Oz Dawn Dish Power Dissolver, Spray Bottle
https://www.amazon.com/Procter-Gamble-Dawn-Dissolv...amp;sr=8-1

-----
Emil

See my build on TheSamba at:
The K_R_A_K_E_N_N : a 70 Ghia Convertible reinterpreted
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abelclasico
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Did my wife discover the perfect paint remover? Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. I might give it a try, but so far, I am quite happy with how Citris Strip has worked,
cheers,
Abel
Evil_Fiz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Did my wife discover the perfect paint remover? Reply with quote

Abelclasico wrote:
Thanks for the link. I might give it a try, but so far, I am quite happy with how Citris Strip has worked,
cheers,
Abel
+1 on CitriStrip. I did my entire Ghia inside and out with about 1.5 Gal. of CitriStrip, several different sized putty knives, and some scouring pads. The huge upside is that CitriStrip doesn't try to kill you if it comes in contact with your skin (I got some in my eye and lived)

-----
Emil

See my build on TheSamba at:
The K_R_A_K_E_N_N : a 70 Ghia Convertible reinterpreted
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: