Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Syncro Locker Console | In Progress
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

uberaudi wrote:
Any more updates? How long is this waitlist? Smile

Unfortunately, I haven't had enough people sign up to begin production. I've had to refocus on other products for the time being.

FREEBIES: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkqzgREEtE9Aj7poRLxLuW-oGORuiQ?e=eSKThT
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

UPDATE:

Going into production soon!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Sign up to the waitlist if you haven't done so already: https://bit.ly/Syncro-Panel-Waitlist

uberaudi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

Yes! You rock Forrest!
damagd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

Very interested in this as I just bought a non locker Syncro Doka over in Europe and at the very least will be adding a decoupler and probably both lockers so will need the console and finding a syncro console looks to be almost impossible. But do I need the mounting plate for it too?
designer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

agon.parts wrote:
uberaudi wrote:

Unfortunately, I haven't had enough people sign up to begin production. I've had to refocus on other products for the time being.

still interested. want a black one.

"It is that annoying, accelerating downhill so I can make it up the next hill in the same gear. Foot to floor hoping I can get out of the way of other cars getting onto the highway." - somebody on here around 2013.
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

uberaudi wrote:
Yes! You rock Forrest!

Thanks! This is a one-man show, so I'm doing what I can when I can!

damagd wrote:
Very interested in this as I just bought a non locker Syncro Doka over in Europe and at the very least will be adding a decoupler and probably both lockers so will need the console and finding a syncro console looks to be almost impossible. But do I need the mounting plate for it too?

I believe you'd need a mounting plate for it too. I tried reaching out to people about borrowing, or even buying one - but no luck. I'd like to have that part reverse-engineered eventually.

designer wrote:
agon.parts wrote:
uberaudi wrote:

still interested. want a black one.

Great! I've sent out emails to those on the waitlist in order to start collecting deposits, since I can't afford to front all of the costs myself. Hopefully we can get them out there soon!

rotaecho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

I just bought a burned syncro for my 2wd to syncro conversion

It has no plastic cover. Maybe when it arrives, I can send you the bracket to copy for a cover?

I’ll have the Syncro late December, wont be ready to reassemble for about a year if that’s enough time?

Let me know!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

rotaecho wrote:

It has no plastic cover. Maybe when it arrives, I can send you the bracket to copy for a cover?

I’ll have the Syncro late December, wont be ready to reassemble for about a year if that’s enough time?

Let me know!

That might work out great! That's the one item I haven't been able to source.

rotaecho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

Cool, when it arrives, I'll drop you a note.

agon.parts wrote:
rotaecho wrote:

Let me know!

That might work out great! That's the one item I haven't been able to source.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WestyWonderland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

Bump.

Did you ever make these units? If not, will you supply the CAD/CAM files (willing to pay for a single use - I recognize the time you invested).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SyncroChrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

I would like to order one too.
designer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

Looks like this is dead - signed the list about a year ago. . .

"It is that annoying, accelerating downhill so I can make it up the next hill in the same gear. Foot to floor hoping I can get out of the way of other cars getting onto the highway." - somebody on here around 2013.
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

designer wrote:
Looks like this is dead - signed the list about a year ago. . .

The OP Last Visited: December 01, 2019

So maybe there will be a reply. I would like one too.........

1990 Multivan EJ 22, Rancho trans 0.82 4th, Small Car front AC, CLKs w/ 215/65-16, homemade big brakes 303mm, Konis, Recaros, etc....

Click to see my ads for Cup holders, Subaru clutch fix and CLK wheels (no wheels currently)
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

💯

Last edited by agon.parts on Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:13 am; edited 3 times in total
WestyWonderland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

Well I'd like to see your plans. I found a very nicely done console CAD file but the metal reinforcing bracket is the missing piece. I've been plugging away on a cardboard mockup but still trying to understand how best to fab it - flat sheet metal, pound out the edges with a hammer, you know "it's in the details!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bbaca75
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

Definitely interested in this for my knobless syncro that will eventually have knobs if all goes as planned! Hope this can be a reality soon!

Old vans:
'87 Westy full camper (subaru 2.2l) M/T - SOLD
'86 Syncro high top camper M/T - SOLD
4mymalamute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

Sign me up. Black please. Smile

1969 Bucky the Bug Convertible...red, rusted, work in progress....LOTS of work.
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

It's really only a bezel. You need the metal frame that actually houses the switches. Rather than waiting on someone to 3d print one, someone could pull a mold off of an existing one in fiberglass and could then lay up replacement fiberglass bezels.

The problem like many neat things I see here, is the demand is just not there for the effort. If you charged for your time, they'd quickly be too expensive.
Californio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress Reply with quote

I'm in for one! Would be willing to pay in advance if that helps it along.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: