Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Nova Scotia Vanagon/Westfalia owners?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonsocket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject: Nova Scotia Vanagon/Westfalia owners? Reply with quote

Hey all!

Looking for local to Nova Scotia VW Van owners.

We're new to the whole thing and while seeing/chatting with people online about the beasts, it would be nice to see other's vans in person and chat about things.

Are they any locals on here?

We're in Dartmouth NS!

Cheers
Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Nova Scotia Vanagon/Westfalia owners? Reply with quote

If you are on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nsvwcc
'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby
What the Westy wants the Westy GETS

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Timwhy&show_results=summary

http://www.youtube.com/user/TIMWHY2?feature=mhee
Heli-mech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Nova Scotia Vanagon/Westfalia owners? Reply with quote

Hello from Dartmouth NS as well!

There are a bunch of vans local to us and the NSVWCC group on FB is a good spot to start. As far as mods, DIY, customization and builds … the Samba is a resource like no other! Very Happy

Here is my home built and fairly modified 1981 air-cooled westy … ej25 subaru swapped, lowered on weitec springs and koni shocks, electric power steering, 240ah aux battery, diesel furnace, tuck fridge, 16" merc wheels etc.

Cheers,
Ian

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
moonsocket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Nova Scotia Vanagon/Westfalia owners? Reply with quote

Timwhy wrote:
If you are on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nsvwcc

Thanks so much!
moonsocket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Nova Scotia Vanagon/Westfalia owners? Reply with quote

That is beautiful!

Would love to check it out someday. Probably best to wait until the plague is under control haha!

The Samba is great! I'm, unfortunately, the kind of person that needs to be shown in person how to do things. Unless it's quite simple.

Heli-mech wrote:
Hello from Dartmouth NS as well!

There are a bunch of vans local to us and the NSVWCC group on FB is a good spot to start. As far as mods, DIY, customization and builds … the Samba is a resource like no other! Very Happy

Here is my home built and fairly modified 1981 air-cooled westy … ej25 subaru swapped, lowered on weitec springs and koni shocks, electric power steering, 240ah aux battery, diesel furnace, tuck fridge, 16" merc wheels etc.

Cheers,
Ian

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
J Charlton Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: Nova Scotia Vanagon/Westfalia owners? Reply with quote

You're fortunate to be in Nova Scotia. Not only a beautiful part of the country, but also home to perhaps the best vanagon service anywhere in Jeffs Old Volks Home in Chester N.S. Jeff knows every nut and bolt of every Vanagon ever made and his team does more than excellent work. Jeff loves to keep the waterboxers going and on the road but is also realistic when it comes time for engine replacement and he and his team have done well over 75 vanagon conversions to diesel power. You really are fortunate to have such a resource.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Perales
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Nova Scotia Vanagon/Westfalia owners? Reply with quote

Hello all.
I have moved and am now officially a CFA (Come From Away) having lived in Montreal for over 30 years. I am now living in the beautiful Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia with my 1987 Westy. I was wondering if anyone had any mechanic recommendations up in this part of Nova Scotia. Chester is about 130 km away which is just outside my CAA towing range (if I ever need a tow), so I was wondering if there was anyone closer for emergencies. I was spoiled in Montreal where I had Rui Gomes’ garage a 5 minute walk from home. (Rui is a fantastic mechanic for our Westfalias.) I am so happy to be here in Nova Scotia, but my local mechanic doesn’t want to know about these things. Pity.
Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Nova Scotia Vanagon/Westfalia owners? Reply with quote

Perales wrote:
Hello all.
I have moved and am now officially a CFA (Come From Away) having lived in Montreal for over 30 years. I am now living in the beautiful Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia with my 1987 Westy. I was wondering if anyone had any mechanic recommendations up in this part of Nova Scotia. Chester is about 130 km away which is just outside my CAA towing range (if I ever need a tow), so I was wondering if there was anyone closer for emergencies. I was spoiled in Montreal where I had Rui Gomes’ garage a 5 minute walk from home. (Rui is a fantastic mechanic for our Westfalias.) I am so happy to be here in Nova Scotia, but my local mechanic doesn’t want to know about these things. Pity.

If you are on Facebook? Join and ask here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nsvwcc

Lots of folks all over NS belong to this group and you'll get more of a response than The Samba.

There's a campout in your new neighborhood too. https://www.facebook.com/events/1935572806784238/?...%3Anull%7D
'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Timwhy&show_results=summary

snowsyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Nova Scotia Vanagon/Westfalia owners? Reply with quote

Hey Perales.

That is good advice from Timwhy.

Welcome to Nova Scotia! You are fortunate to live in such a beautiful part of the province.

I can't help you with your specific question -- I live too far away and do my own repairs anyway. Just to add to this thread though, Jeff Hogue, mentioned in the initial posts, has sold the Old Volks Home but I think he may still do engine work for them, Not sure about that. Also not sure about the (capable) staff that remain at the business, but I woold be surprised if Jeff did did not leave the business in very good hands.

And Perales you will never be a CFA in my books. You are a part of the global family of VW camper enthusiasts, so there is no "Away".

RonC
Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Nova Scotia Vanagon/Westfalia owners? Reply with quote

snowsyncro wrote:
Just to add to this thread though, Jeff Hogue, mentioned in the initial posts, has sold the Old Volks Home but I think he may still do engine work for them, Not sure about that. Also not sure about the (capable) staff that remain at the business, but I woold be surprised if Jeff did did not leave the business in very good hands.

Jeff's son works there still, so it is the place to bring your Van and foreign cars too.
'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby

snowsyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Nova Scotia Vanagon/Westfalia owners? Reply with quote

Timwhy wrote:

Jeff's son works there still, so it is the place to bring your Van and foreign cars too.

Thanks Tim. I thought that might be the case, but I didn't know for certain.

This is good to know!

RonC
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: